Chapter Thirty-Two: Blues for Sister Someone

AN: Welcome to another chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

AN: Welcome to another chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). We are almost to the end of Season 2 and the beginning of season 3! 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The key to being a successful intern is what we give up: sleep, friends, and a normal life. We sacrifice it all for that one amazing moment, that moment when you can legally call yourself a surgeon.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In the basement of the hospital, where Callie and George were currently staying the two were in coming down from their high. Sex with Callie, had been amazing for George. He truly liked Callie and she truly liked him...and she didn't cry in the middle of it.

"Thank you." Callie said breathlessly, as they came down from their highs, and both were trying to catch their breaths for a moment. 

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you." Callie said as George started to kiss her neck, ready for the next round.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

There are days that make the sacrifices seem worthwhile.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Thanks." Addison said after she and Derek had finished having sex....and it was one of the most boring sexual encounters they ever had.

"Oh, my God. You're thanking me for the most boring sex ever?" Derek asked as they both started to laugh.

"I didn't know what else to say. I mean, you did your best." Addison teased, as she continued to laugh.

"Oh, great. Thanks. You too. It's really nice work." Derek said, as he laughed as well.

"We used to be really good at this, didn't we?" Addison asked him seriously.

"We're going to do this until we get it right." Derek said as they moved in to kiss again, but they butt heads. "Ow! Jeez!"

The phone rings, and both felt like the universe was against them.

"Perfect. Ow." Addison complained.

"That's the hospital." Derek said as he looked at his phone, and answered, "Hello? Hi. No, no, no, no, no."

Then he turned to Addison and pulled the phone away from his mouth for a moment to let her know. "It's about Doc. Yeah. No, I'm here. Yeah, I can pick him up this morning. Sure. Bye. No. Come on."

Addison takes the phone from Derek.

"Dr. Dandridge. Dr. Dandridge. I...We're gonna have to call you back. We're trying really hard to have some decent sex here." Addison said before she clicked the phone off, and then said to Derek,  "Come on. What's so funny?" 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

And then there are the days where everything feels like a sacrifice.