Chapter Thirty-Four: 17 Seconds

AN: This is not a drill! Three more episodes until season 3

AN: This is not a drill! Three more episodes until season 3. I hope you are enjoying it! I still am amazed and grateful at how many people love this story! Hopefully everyone enjoys this chapter, thank you all for your input on the poll I put up for these last few episodes of season 2. I hope I do you all justice with what I decided to do, because I read all the suggestions and listened to what you all wanted. Enjoy this installment of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)!!!!!!!!  I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME! 

🩷🩷🩵🩵💜💜

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The Emerald City Bar, better known as Joe's to the medical staff of Seattle Grace Hospital. It was a busy night as the TVs blared some sporting event, music pumped from the speakers, and it was packed with regulars and people just off the street.

Including, Bailey's interns. The four female interns; Izzie Stevens, Cristina Yang, Meredith Grey, and Eddie Sousa were sitting at the bar talking and relaxing after a long day at work.

Eddie had decided to hire a baby sitter for Frankie and spent some time with her fellow interns, after some encouragement from Mark, Conrad, and Eli. She was twenty-one, and needed to let her hair down occasionally. And, she hadn't done something like this since she had Frankie it felt like.

She wasn't having alcohol but she was enjoying sodas and fried cheese curds while Cristina, Izzie, and Meredith drank.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In life, we are taught that there are seven deadly sins.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Across the bar, Derek, Conrad, and Burke were playing darts. Conrad had convinced the men to blow off some steam after work. Both Derek and Burke needed it, it had been one day since the car accident that cost Melanie her life, and the two elder attendings have been walking around the hospital angry and annoyed, making those around them-mainly those who ranked under them-miserable.

So, Conrad thought it was better to be proactive than have two attendings snap at anyone.

"Let's see what you got here." Derek said motioning for Burke to take his turn. "Conrad is wiping the floor with us."

Conrad smirked as he took a sip of his Scotch.

Conrad loved darts, he and his brothers always used to play darts as well as poole growing up, since their father had both in his basement bar/man cave, and their uncles always loved to play with Henry whenever they came over to watch the big game or family event.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We all know the big ones: Gluttony, pride, lust.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Cristina, Izzie, Eddie, and Meredith were watching them from where they sat at the bar.