Chapter Thirty-Three: Damage Case

AN: Welcome to Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)! We are getting closer to the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3! I hope everyone is enjoying this story

AN: Welcome to Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)! We are getting closer to the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3! I hope everyone is enjoying this story. This chapter is more of a filler chapter than anything, and not my favorite chapter....but I worked hard on it! 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We all go through life like bulls in a china shop. A chip here, a crack there. Doing damage to ourselves, to other people.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It had been a little more than a week since Meredith and Finn had their first date and they had three more dates and she had once again slept over. She had slept over after the first date, mainly because it was so late and she had her shirt in Finn's washing machine.

"So, uh, I don't cook." Meredith informed him.

"Nobody asked you to cook." Finn told her.

"I know, I'm just saying that, you know, I don't cook, so you don't have to cook. I don't expect you to cook for me." Meredith rambled.

She had never had anyone, Derek included, cook for her. So, him being adamant to cook for her was something new.

"Okay." Finn said, as he moved her, to sit at the island. "You. Sit there. Sit down. I want you to drink this and try really hard to act like you aren't scary and damaged."

He handed her a cup of coffee once she sat down and he then resumed cooking.

"I'm not scary and damaged." Meredith denied.

Dark and twisty. Yes.

Scary and damaged. No.

"Yeah, you are." Finn countered.

"No. I'm not scary or damaged." Meredith denied again.

"Mm-hmm. All right. Why don't you tell me about your family?" Finn asked, as Meredith went blank.

She didn't like talking about her family.

An emotionally unavailable mother who, yes, cared for her, but often saw her as a burden and a hinderance to her career, who was sick with early onset Alzheimer's, and barely recognized her, and was more excited to see Richard Webber than her.