Chapter Sixteen: Something to Talk About

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It had been three weeks since the massive train crash and the news of the Meredith-Derek-Addison love triangle seemed to be one of the most popular topics of conversation. The other was the fact that news had gotten around that Eddie and Conrad are long-lost siblings, after there had been rumors of the two of them dating got around when some gossipy nurse tried to spread a rumor about them. 

Patricia, the gossip queen, was able to set the record straight when the two had to go to Richard's office and explain to him that Eddie was Henry Quinn's daughter from a brief fling and neither of them knew until his dad came to town in September. So, it was new, and they didn't think it was anyone's business, but some gossip-hungry and hurt nurse that thought Conrad had chosen an intern over her, decided to try and slander the sweet intern whom all the nurses loved. So, that nurse was currently getting the cold shoulder when they found out.

But, the long-lost siblings news wasn't as interesting as the love triangle. So, Eddie didn't hear many whispers about her...unlike Meredith.

And, like most gossip, it seemed more salacious than it actually was. And, they were making the love triangle something out of some teen drama.

In all honesty, Meredith was just more forlorn and tried to stay away from Derek and Addison. And, it had worked so far, she the only neuro case she had been on was with a neuro fellow, Dr. Burkhardt, and she had been assisting in other specialities the last few weeks.  Eddie didn't know if it was Bailey who did it, or it was just some miracle that she had it that way. 

The only time she would have run into him or her, it was walking around the hospital. She seemed to just be working, sleeping, and eating. Lost in the sadness that she had lost Derek to his "perfect" wife. And, whenever she saw Derek, she would watch him with sad eyes and wondered what could have been while never being able to meet Addison's eyes.

While Derek looked longingly at Meredith while trying to be civil with the wife he is trying to make it work with. While Addison worked, but you could tell any time she saw Derek and Meredith even slightly interact, the green-eyed demon called jealousy flashed in her eyes.

"She didn't even know he was married. I mean, his wife just shows up and he dumps her. I heard she flipped out." Eddie heard one of the interns, Sarah, gossip as they changed to get ready for rounds.

"What does she expect? She got what she deserved. Dating an attending!" Another intern, Aimee, asked, her tone sounded condescending because she thought Meredith deserved this.

"Dating Mc Dreamy. Have you seen his hair? No guy is that perfect." The first intern, Sarah, said.

"I think it's kinda sad. She has to work here. With him. With them. Everyone knows." A male intern, Vernon, said.