Chapter Fifteen: Into You Like a Train

Two hours later, Meredith was still sitting at the bar drinking tequila

Two hours later, Meredith was still sitting at the bar drinking tequila. While her friends; Izzie, George, and Cristina were at another table, a few feet away from the bar, watching the blonde concerned.

"I actually said "Pick me." Right? I did? "Pick me"?" Meredith asked Joe, sounding very drunk.

"I think it's romantic." Joe informed the drunk, blonde intern.

"It's not romantic, Joe, it's horrifying. Horror movie horrifying. Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood horrifying." Meredith informed Joe.

"Ok, fine, it's horrifying. But Carrie took out an entire senior class as revenge. Gotta say, I like that in a girl." Joe said, trying to cheer Meredith up.

"I said "Pick me."" Meredith said sadly.

"When you tell someone "I'll meet you later at a bar tonight," how long exactly does that mean you're supposed to wait?" Cristina asked George and Izzie as they watched a forlorn Meredith get drunker and drunker.

"Do you think he's really not coming?" George asked the other two.

"It is getting a little hard to watch." Izzie said honestly.

"It was hard to watch an hour ago. Now it's just pathetic." Cristina corrected Izzie.

"Who's pathetic?" Meredith asked her friends, hearing their conversation for a few feet away from her.

George and Izzie shared a look while Cristina pointedly looked away, and couldn't meet Meredith's eye.

"What?"

"You, who pretend to be my friends are calling me pathetic behind my back in front of my face" Meredith said drunk as George points to Cristina as if to say her, not me.

"Why don't you just dump the pig's blood on me now and get it over with?" Meredith asked her friends as she took a shot of tequila.

The door bell jingles indicating someone was entering the bar. Meredith looked hopeful that maybe this time it was Derek. It wasn't it Tyler the male scrub nurse. He gives a nod to them. Someone's pager goes off.

"He's really not coming." Meredith said to herself.

Just then every pager in the bar room started going off. Every doctor and nurse scrambled to check their pagers.

"Joe, turn up the TV!" A regular called out.

On the bar TV, a train wreck, a massive one.

"A massive train wreck occurred just outside of Seattle just minutes ago." The TV news anchor stated.

"911." Cristina said.

"We just worked a 30 hour shift." Izzie complained.

"I don't have any clean underwear." George muttered as they all started packing up their bags.