Chapter Eleven: Enough, Is Enough

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I have an aunt who, whenever she poured anything for you, would say, "Say when."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith is lying on the bathroom floor holding an empty bottle of tequila like it was a teddy bear. Eddie was sitting against the bathtub leafing through a a book. She had brought Meredith and Cristina to the frat house after they spent some time drinking at the bar, and stayed with them as they lamented about how evil men were. She was just making sure the two didn't somehow choke on their own vomit.

Though, baby defiantly didn't like mommy sitting on the ground, and made it clear with more obvious nudges than gentle rolls. Eddie was just happy that Izzie had brought her a pillow to rest against.

"It's not us." Meredith told them her theory.  "It's them. Them and their stupid boy penises. They didn't tell me they had a wife. They leave girls pregnant to raise their baby alone. They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you."

Cristina opens the shower door, where she is lying completely dressed and she had crawled in there sometime in the middle of the night to sleep.

"To be fair. It was a one night stand, and I can't exactly tell him." Eddie said with a shrug.

"It's not that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business. Like it was a business transition like he's the boss of me!"  Cristina commiserated with Meredith.

"He is the boss of you." Meredith reminded her.

"And what's worse is that I care." Cristina admitted.

"I'm gonna throw up again." Meredith announced as she crawled back towards the toilet.

Cristina closes the shower door while Eddie tries to block out the sound of throw up by focusing on the medical journal that she was reading in French.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

My aunt would say, "Say when," and of course we never did.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith looks like she's going to throw up, but it was a false alarm.

"No. Wait. False alarm." Meredith said as she started to crawl back towards her two friends and Cristina opens the shower door once again.

"Look, the problem is estrogen." Cristina stated.

"I'll agree." Eddie said, "I cried yesterday when the coffee cake didn't have any cookies. Pregnancy hormones are the worst."

And, she was also horny all the time. She didn't often talk about her sex life, except in the very general and vague. Even to Eli and her two persons. Though, she had admitted last night when Meredith and Cristina was bashing men when they were very drunk, and she doubted they remembered. Complaining that no man would want to have sex with a pregnant woman, unless it was the baby daddy, or had some creepy pregnancy fetish.