Chapter Twenty: Owner of a Lonely Hart

AN: Welcome to the next part of Sweet Dreams are made of this

AN: Welcome to the next part of Sweet Dreams are made of this. There is a warning for this chapter, I may have let my hatred of Izzie get to me, and I had the confrontation between Izzie/Meredith about Alex be one between Izzie/Eddie instead and let it run wild for a moment. If you are an Izzie fan I am sorry, but I am not, and I have a hard time starting around this episode until she leaves actually liking her and it may show more and more.

Also Peanut will be making her appearance soon and maybe Mark....he may be coming sooner than we think! 🤔 🫣 🫣 

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it is probably one of my longest chapters yet. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Forty years ago, the Beatles asked the world a simple question: they wanted to know where all the lonely people came from. My latest theory is that a great many of the lonely people come from hospitals. More precisely, the surgical wing of hospitals.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Five of Bailey's interns were inside the NCIU with the Russell quints. And, Eddie couldn't help to think how cute they all were, and how tiny they were. She couldn't imagine herself in the same position, her peanut being born this early. She would probably be like Dorie, a complete wreck.

She sent a quick prayer into the universe in thanks for a healthy baby, because, as a doctor, and working cases like this, she knew a lot could go wrong. She smiled as she looked at the quint she was looking over, Kate.

"I have the best quint. Lucy. She just smiled at me." George announced to the room.

"She's nine hours old, George." Izzie informed her friend.

"I'm saying. There are five babies here and clearly mine is the advanced one." George bragged as he looked at Lucy whom just gotten out of brain surgery and seemed to be doing well.

"Charlotte's smart. She's got wrinkles on her forehead. Very serious." Meredith threw in.

"Okay, A, this is not a competition, and B, my quint kicks your quints' asses. Emily's strong. She won't let go of my finger." Izzie said as she looked at Emily, and couldn't help but remember her little girl she gave up as a teenager.

"Kate is going to be a powerhouse." Eddie said, "she already shows a take no prisoners attitude. I think she's going to be running her siblings soon." 

She smiled as Kate showed that spirit by kicking her little legs.

"Hey, Julie has her organs on the outside of her body and she's still alive, thank you." Cristina said, obviously she was going to be the best quint.

"Kate's the best one." Alex agreed with Eddie, and then his eyes found Izzie, who was pointedly ignoring him. Hating the sight of him. Every time she thought of him or saw him she couldn't get the image of him and Olivia in the on-call room having sex.