Chapter Thirty-Seven: Time Has Come Today

AN: Welcome to the first episode of season 3! I hope you have been enjoying Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

AN: Welcome to the first episode of season 3! I hope you have been enjoying Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). Be ready for more Mark/Eddie scenes as well as a lot of sweet family moments with them and Frankie! 

Also, thank you for all of you for the well wishes, I do feel a lot better!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 In the OR, time loses all meaning. In the midst of sutures and saving lives, the clock ceases to matter. 15 minutes, 15 hours – Inside the OR, the best surgeons make time fly. Outside the OR, however, time takes pleasure in kicking our asses. For even the strongest of us it seems to play tricks. Slowing down. Hovering. Until it freezes. Leaving us stuck in a moment, unable to move in one direction or the other.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

At the frat house; Alex, George, Cristina, and Meredith were trying to coax Izzie out of the bathroom. After she had left the hospital, George drove Izzie home, and when she got home, she locked herself in the bathroom, lying, sprawled across the floor in the same pink dress she wore to the prom. And, hadn't moved or spoken since. Which, caused George and Meredith to call in reinforcements with Alex and Cristina, hoping they could help coax her out.

"Izzie. Izzie come on!" Alex called as he knocked on the bathroom door, but she didn't respond.

"Okay, she's been in there all night. We have to do something." George said.

"Yeah." Alex agreed as he turned to look at Meredith.

"Yeah." Meredith agreed, having yet to notice her friends were looking at her.

"Yeah." Cristina agreed.

With one of her persons looked at her as well, Meredith suddenly realized all eyes were on her.

"Why are you all looking at me?" Meredith asked them confused.

"Well this is familiar territory to you." Cristina explained.

"There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar." Meredith denied, she had never lost someone like Denny.

 "Denny died. The man she loves died." Meredith reminded them.