Chapter Twenty-Nine: Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole

AN: I hope you are enjoying Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

AN: I hope you are enjoying Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). I am so glad you all love this story, I never imagined so many people loving it as much as I enjoy writing it! Thank you for all the support! And, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

As doctors, patients are always telling us how they'd do our jobs.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It had been about two and a half weeks and since the George and Meredith had slept together, and George was still in a deep, depressive funk, and despite Cristina's protest, George was staying with Burke and Cristina at their apartment.

He needed a change. 

Until looking at himself in the mirror today, he didn't know what he needed to change.

He grabbed some scissors and started to chop off his hair, in a crooked, unflattering, haircut.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Just stitch me up, slap a band-aid on it and send me home. It's easy to suggest a quick solution, when you don't know much about the problem or you don't understand the underlying cause or just how deep the wound is.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith and Derek were meeting up once again, so Meredith could spend some time with Doc before she had to go into work. 

Derek tossed a stick for Doc to chase as they walked in a more sedated pace behind him.

"So your friends ... they still mad about this very bad horrible thing you did?" Derek asked her.

"The very horrible bad thing that I won't tell you about? Yes they're still upset." Meredith said, except for Eddie, who always reminded her she was here to talk if Meredith needed it.

"Well whatever it is I don't want to know. Even if I beg. Don't tell me." Derek informed her.

"Okay, I won't." Meredith said, she had no plans to.

"Good. Okay. Although we are friends." Derek reminded her.

"True, we are friends." Meredith agreed.

"Technically you tell friends stuff. You come to me with a problem, I give you the answer. After maybe we celebrate the moments of our lives." Derek said, trying to sound casual.

"I will keep that in my mind next time I do a horrible thing. What about you, don't you have any problems you want to tell me about?" Meredith asked him.

"Truthfully, at this moment in time I don't have any problems. Not a single one." Derek said giving her his 'McDreamy' grin.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%