Chapter Twenty-Three: Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AN: Welcome to another chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). Peanut (Frankie) and Mark have been introduced I am so glad you liked it!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter as well!!!! This chapter is more of a filler, but I hope you still enjoy it!!!!!!!!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

As doctors, we're trained to be skeptical, because our patients lie to us all the time. The rule is, every patient is a liar until proven honest.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith was sitting in the OR gallery over Derek and Dr. Rory Burkhardt's OR where they were working on a patient together. She was waiting for him so he could help her get a full family history for the Alzheimer's study she was trying to get her mother into.

Cristina slinked into the OR and looked down into the OR. She needed Meredith and Eddie's opinion about moving in with Burke, well, at least he thought she moved in with him. For the past week, and Cristina was struggling to tell them. He also wanted to have them over soon. And, Cristina needed advice. He brought it up this morning to her.

Meredith was the easiest one to track down first, since Meredith was working while Eddie was four weeks into her maternity leave.

"Why aren't prepping for rounds and stealing all the good cases?" Meredith asked Cristina.

"Well, why aren't you prepping for rounds and stealing all the good cases?" Cristina countered.

"No reason." Meredith said, a bit too quickly.

"No reason?" Cristina questioned as she looked between Meredith and the surgery being preformed by McDreamy.

It was defiantly not "no reason".

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Lying is bad. Or so we are told constantly from birth-honesty is the best policy, the truth shall set you free, I chopped down the cherry tree, whatever.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"I'm waiting for McDreamy." Meredith finally admitted.

"I'm avoiding Burke." Cristina admitted.

"Why are you avoiding Burke?" Meredith asked Cristina, looking at her with concern.

"He thinks I moved in with him." Cristina admitted. Then it registered in Cristina's mind of what Meredith said she was waiting for McDreamy.

"Why are you waiting...?" She asked confused on why Meredith was waiting for him.

"McDreamy's doing me a favor." Meredith told her. Then asked, "Burke "thinks" you moved in with him?"

"You're calling him "McDreamy" again?" Cristina asked shocked that Meredith was once again referring to her ex as McDreamy.