Fear of heights

Trapped in the mess that he got himself stuck in. Although it didn't seem as such, you couldn't blame Felix for his entire self-pity and self-endurance towards the situation. Ever since the beginning, he blamed himself, and even then he still does. But the more he comes across that... man. He's started to realize that maybe he wasn't the one in the wrong. Or... for this chance, it was to not have occurred because of a mistake he made.

He drank from the poison his mind fed him, the manipulation and manifestation circulating his perception from what went right to wrong.

The silence was so loud that it showcased that his quiet mindset had drifted his intellect off and screamed with the raging pain and torment he could no longer keep in. But what choice did he have?

"Finally! Sunshine has finally awoken from his delusional desires." A voice spoke again amid the shadows. Felix could only hope for the distasteful act of the man to disappear.

"What do you want, Hwang." He spats angrily, while Hyunjin only crosses his arms over his chest and humphs in silent victory, "Hwang is it now?" He queries with an arrogant tone. Surprised by the brazen reprisal.

"Woah there," he spoke with a sickening grin, "Why the sudden change in attitude? Do our... room arrangements not meet your acquirements, cupcake?" He sounded so innocent when he said that nickname. Something so pure and sweet sounded so rancid and vile.

He scoffed, hands still tied to a chair in a small room that was nothing of the sort of it being, pleasant. Scrapped walls that were coated with stains of blood and other uncommon bodily fluids. Floors were tarnished and dismantled with scratches, marks, and bugs who ran along across the floor in a hurry and lived in the corners of the roof and crooks of the severed walls.

"You won't win. I don't care how long that takes to sink into your mind, but you will not win this war. Many people will die if this continues, and you'll damage yourself further Hyunji—"

"See..." he interrupted the younger with a short 'tsk'

"That's the thing, cupcake. You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain by someone who once meant everything to you." He faced the younger. Ignoring how Felix openly expressed an obvious dislike towards his words.

But it wasn't like he cared.

"Notice how when you break the rules, you become a hero, all for the sake of a memory that will never return. And I break the rules and end up becoming the villain. You can see the difference, correct? Nor has the glory of being a god-sent angel blinded you vastly, that you believe something that has been far gone can be blessed by such a simple touch of your wondrous physique?" His voice fell quiet after his continuous rant that drove Felix into a personified mess. Tightening his lips as the question lingered through his mind.

He was not god, he was not magical. He was not able to resurrect the dead or make someone magically love the other. Fuck he couldn't even manage to fix a mistake that had Been caused so long ago.

So for Hyunjin to say all of this to him, made him ponder what exactly he had said or done that made him seem so privileged in Hyunjin's eyes. Did the chasing after cause him to run away further? Did the determination he felt bring him back to his original self...

Only push him to become the thing Felix was most afraid of?

Becoming what he hated the most.

Becoming what he could no longer wish to have.

Eyes told stories that could not be told when the silence grew louder. The hate in Hyunjin's eyes was something Felix grew used to seeing. Yet you can never become used to what you've never imagined you'd ever see.