Part 8

Jason's Pov, 

Some Time Later. 

Location: RiverLands. 

"They have my son." Father says as he reads the small paper over while we are at the war meeting, everything is going to shit! 

"The Stark boy appears to be less green than we'd hoped." Tyrion speaks and I send a glare his way, this war started because he got taken and now they have Jaime! 

"I've heard his wolf killed a dozen men and as many horses." Leo Lefford speaks and good for the pup's wolf soon I will make a nice warm coat out of it! "ls it true about Stannis and Renly?" Addam Marbrand asks and before I can speak Uncle Kevan does and maybe it is for the better as I am now trying to keep my anger at bay. 

"Both Baratheon brothers have taken up against us. Jaime captured, his armies scattered. lt's a catastrophe. Perhaps we should sue for peace."

"There's your peace. Joffrey saw to that when he decided to remove Ned Stark's head. You'll have an easier time drinking from that cup than you will bringing Robb Stark to the table now. He's winning – in case you hadn't noticed." Tyrion says as he pushes a cup on the ground that breaks and yup after that foolish idiot of a king took the head of Eddard Stark we will not have peace. 

"l'm told we still have his sisters." Uncle Kevan says and true we hold the Stark girls but we are now fighting on three fronds! Renly and Stannis and than the Pup who are coming for us, it's just a massive pile of horse shit! 

"The first order of business is ransoming Ser Jaime."

"First we must return to Casterly Rock to raise –" They speak before father cuts them off. 

"They have my son!Get out, all of you!" He loudly says making us get up before we start to walk out until the voice of Father makees me and Tyrion come to stop. "Not you two." He says and Tyrion takes a seat before trying to grab the wine that father pulls away before he fills the cup. 

"You were right about Eddard Stark. lf he were alive, we could have used him to broker a peace with Winterfell and Riverrun, which would have given us more time to deal with Robert's brothers. But now – madness. Madness and stupidity. l always thought you were a stunted fool. Perhaps l was wrong." He speaks as he holds a cup out for me and I slowly take it. 

"Half wrong, l'm new to strate-" Tyrion starts before I cut him off. "Unless we wish to be surrounded by three armies we cannot stay here." I state as I keep my head high while I have the force the twitch of my neck far away. 

"No one will stay here. Ser Gregor will head out with 500 riders and set the Riverland on fire from God's Eye to the Red Fork. The rest of us will regroup at Harrenhal. And you two will go to King's Landing." He speaks and before I can speak Tyrion does. "To do what?"

"Rule. You will serve as Hand of the King in my stead Tyrion. You will bring that boy king to heel, and his mother too, if needs be. And if you get so much as a whiff of treason from any of the rest – Baelish, Varys, Pycelle..." Father speaks before Tyrion cuts him off. 

"Head, spikes, wals.  Why not my uncle? Why not Jason? Why me?" Tyrion speaks and yeah why him? Not saying that I do not think he would be fit for it just saying you know their releationship is uhm well rocky? 

"You are my son.  Oh, one more thing. You will not take that whore  to court. Do you understand?" Father speaks as he gets up and places his hand on my shoulder before we start to walk away and I take a deep breath as we walk out of the tent.