Part 43.

Jason's Pov,

The Next Morning

Riding with my horse over the road I soon see the large castle come into view, sun has been up for a few hours as we rode through the night. Stannis is dead! And how was I supposed to get news of that on sea? News about his dead must have reached King's Landing and now I am pretty sure Cersei's head is spinning with why I am still in the North or maybe she believes I have set sail towards King's Landing. 

But when word comes out that I've taken The North it can go two ways, she can believe the letter I will send her saying I've taken out the Boltons after their betrayal to us by wedding Ramsay to Sansa, or she will not believe it either way she cannot do much against it she doesn't hold the men. 

The only support she has is the Reach now and they will never march this far North and leave their lands unprotected because I still hold more than 40,000 men in The Westerlands if they march North i will send word and my men will march for The Reach. 

Hearing a distant howl I let a frown appear on my face as I turn my head in that direction before a louder howl mixes with it and my neck twitches at the sound of it. "Wolf's returning to Winterfell seems like a good sign to me." Ser Davos says and before I can speak Tormund does, i've gotten their names during the ride here. 

"Or they come to eat our corpses." He speaks and I release a chuckle. "Do not worry if corpses is what they wish they can have them but those of the Boltons." I say before coming to a stop and it's a good position on a small hill, tree line. 

"Set up camp!" I loudly say making all come to a stop while more than one head snaps in my direction, sure I know Sansa is their leader? But I hold more military experience, I'm not saying like I am the greatest commander there has ever been, but I think this is the best position to set up camp. 

Daenerys's Pov, 

We will sail out soon, I knew me and Jason talked about waiting for his ships but I am done waiting the Greyjoy's have come with their ships and bend the knee to me and now I have enough ships to sail to Westeros, to Dragonstone my home. 

Everyone has been running around to get everything ready but that is not what troubles my mind. "How can one large dragon just disappear?!" I say loud as I grab the railing of the balcony harder. Rhaegal has not been seen in days and even if Drogon did the same for a period of time I just wish to know where he is. 

"I do not know, how does  one large dragon disappear? But just like Drogon, Rhaegal will return your grace." Lord Tyrion speaks and I release a sigh. "Any news about him yet." I breathe out and he knows who I am talking about, god's whatever I do my mind always seems to wander back towards Jason. 

"No news is often good news, he will return my younger brother is not easy to get rid of trust me."

Jason's Pov, 

Seeing the riders gallop our way with the Bolton banners I raise my brow as Sansa sits on her horse beside mine, I am wearing leather armor not my Lannister one. Let's make this a suprise for the Bolton bastard, if he knows who I am he will never meet us in the open with his army if he gets too suspicious about where the Lannister Army than is. 

As they come to a stop I already raise my brow at the smug bastard sitting on his horse. "My beloved wife. I've missed you terribly." He speaks as he looks at Sansa before turning to me. "And who might this be it doesn't matter.  Thank you for returning Lady Bolton safely. Now, dismount and kneel before me, surrender your army and proclaim me the true Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. I will pardon these treasonous lords for betraying my house. Come, wife, you don't have the men,you don't have the horses, and you don't have Winterfell. Why lead those pour souls into slaughter? There's no need for a battle. Get off your horse and kneel. I'm a man of mercy. Also the Lannister Army is a day march behind you, you will be completely surrounded." He speaks so smugly and have to stop my own smug smile from forming on my face.