Part 36

Jason's Pov, 

Overlooking the city of Meereen I hold the railing a bit harder am I doing all of this because it would make father the most upset if he was still alive. Well he and Aryes sold me and Daenerys off before she was even born and I could sit up, if the rebellion would not have happened she would have been mine?

There's something about her it draws me in? I've never had control over the fur ball and she comes along and it's a fur pup? Like what's that about! And I do not think anyone could ever deny that she is beautiful I thought I saw beauty with Margaery, Cersei and Sansa but Daenerys wow just wow. 

I do not think Cersei would ever forgive me but to be honest I do not know what's right and wrong anymore, sure I knew father sometimes did things that would not by all be seen as honorable but to do what he did? No I never would have thought he went that far to take her from her home and make it seem like she died, to rape her maybe over and over again for her to fall with child and then to wed her, and then when she gave birth to me, she got to hold me once before he killed her. 

I always wanted to be like him? Sure he may be cold and calculated but he set a goal and achieved it with his logic. He was an amazing military commander and many feared and respected him. I wanted to be seen like him and now I know the truth do I wish to be that kind of man? 

He called Jaime many times a fool for his honor but even Jaime stepped away from his vows many times and did things that are far from honorable just like father clearly did, do I wish to become that kind of man? 

"Ow how to be conflicted." The voice of Tyrion says and I release a sigh as I close my eyes for a couple of seconds while I hear his steps come closer. "I am not in the mood for a lecture or whatever you wish to say." I mumble as I slowly open my eyes again and just look over the city and not in his direction. 

"Well you will be our king I don't know if he would have been proud, well most likely you were always his favorite and now you will be King of Westeros and after your death your children will rule he may have gotten the legacy he always wished for." Tyrion says and I roll my eyes at his words. "Than maybe you should wed her." I mumble and he releases a chuckle. 

"Me wedding the Dragon Queen? You think highly of me little brother, I think she will be more pleased with you becoming her king than me." He says and i release a breathy chuckle. 

"So she would rather have me because I am a pretty face?" 

"Or the fact that you can offer her many more things than I can, like an army and I do not like to sell myself short but when it comes to someone who can command her armies, I think she might have more use for you than me." He says and I turn my head in his direction. 

"And aren't you still officially wed to Sansa who turns out the be my cousin funny how things turn out don't you think." I state with a raised brow and he gives me a shrug. "Many times and years has he hoped for my death, telling you the truth would have put the one who told you it's head on a spike. And I am quite fond of having it attached to my neck, he would have arraised houses to keep the truth hidden Jason." He says and I shake my head with a small scoff. 

"If I had gotten a golden dragon each time I asked about her I would be the richest person ali-" I start before he cuts me off. "You are the richest person in Westeros." Tyrion says and I roll my eyes at him. 

"I just wished to know about her you know? I always thought becoming Lord of The Rock and everything else that would come with it would be heavy on my shoulders, but this? The truth it feels like it could crush me any moment, maybe I am doing this this because he would despise me for siding with her and removing Cersei's children for the Iron Throne. Maybe I am doing this because I was born out of so many wrong things, I am trying to make it right?" I say as I turn back towards the city Meereen and look down at it. 

"Only you will know the answer to that, even if you were born out of bad things it doesn't mean you are a bad person Jason. Somehow both of their greatness's came together inside of you, Father was a great strategic, strong  and smart but he was feared for things he had done and he was rutheless when it came down to it, your mother she was strong, caring, loving and brave things you all got Jason you may never have med her but she lives through you." He says and I let a small smile grow on my face. 

"You don't have to become so.... so emotional with me Tyrion."

"Don't tell anyone about this because I will deny it." He says and I chuckle as I pat his shoulder. "We will be fine.... but I think our sister may have our heads." I say as well it's the truth Cersei will have both of our heads when she gets the chance. 

"You could always go full wolf on her, how did you even become... you know... that?!" He says and I shrug my shoulders. 

"That's a story for another time." 

..............................

"What do you wish to speak about?" I say as I pull my tunic over my head while steps are coming closer and closer. "When you look down there what do you see?" The voice of Daenerys asks as she walks over to the balcony and I follow after her. 

Looking at Meereen while the candles in the homes light the city up with the moon light I take a deep breath. 

"They must wonder the same when they look up the pyramid, what I see is responsibility, duty, power, what makes us us and I many sometimes I envy the lives they have." I breathe out making her turn in my direction. 

"You wish to be a commoner? I thought your family loves everything that it has." She says with some surprise, and I shrug my shoulders. "You sometimes would not wish you were down there? All you had to worry about was yourself and your family, people look at us and they see gold, power, they think we have everything that we could ever wish for that our lives must be perfect and yet here we are. Two broken children from mothers who loved us and got to hold us once before they died, from fathers who sold us off when you weren't even born and I could not even sit up. They both would have burned down the world if that would have given them more power and we and our mothers paid for that." I say as I turn around and lean my back against the railing. 

"Maybe somedays I wish life would have been easier, but maybe we were given this chance, this power to do good in the world Jason." She says as she moves to stand in front of me. "Maybe or maybe we were always meant to burn together." I say as I give her a small smirk and she slaps my chest. "A dragon does not burn Jason." She says making me hum as I grab her hands and pull her closer to me. 

"If you say so but dragons can be slain it has been done before, either way if I cut your hand and mine we will still bleed the same color." I say as I turn her hand and look at the palm. "True but if you wish I can let you fly Rhaegal and see if our blood is the same." She says with a raised brow and I soon match her with it. 

"You still have not showed me your dragons so I can not know if they are real, and if they are real I am 10000% sure I hold no Valyrian blood. Also Lion's and Wolves line on the ground a dragon now those belong in the sky." I say with a chuckle. I am not climbing on a dragon! 

"I am sorry for what happened to her." She says with a soft smile and I look her face over before letting my eyes meet with hers, and only a fool would say she would not be beautiful but I never thought she would be so..... so? I don't know easy to fall for? 

"And I am sorry for what they've done to your family, for what happened to Elia Martell and her children they did not deserve that. I am sorry that you and your brother had to live on the ru-" I start before she cuts me off by pressing her lips against mine and it's not wild like the ones we've shared no it's soft? 

"You are not your father Jason, we do not know each other well but I know in here you are a good person." She says as we pull away and she lays her hand on my heart. "Even if I sailed East to have yours and Tyrion's head I think maybe I should have sought you out a long time ago Daenerys Targaryen." 

Author's Note,

I've been loving this book so much and I really want to know your guts reaction to some things so I may upload some more chapters tonight.

Leave a vote and comment <3