Chapter 7: Revenge Date

She washed her hand first from Ezra's sweat on her skin, somehow feeling disgusted. Doing archery helped her to focus her mind. It almost felt like all her anger and sadness were pulled away along with the flying arrow. Ahmya always hit the yellow target, but she was never able to hit right at the center of the target board. After thirty minutes of trying and failing, she finally gave up and called it quits for today.

"Those are pretty good shots," Ezra clapped from the terrace with Soni behind him, supervising.

"I never hit the center," she said without bothering to look at him. "Don't you need to plant your seeds, Soni?" She asked Soni while walking towards the door.

"The seeds still need to be sown first. We've done it," Soni said and Ahmya let out a silent 'oh'.

Ezra stopped her on her track and held on her fist while holding the bow. "I can teach you to shoot better," he said.

"Good, but I'm not asking for your guidance. Thank you," she pulled away her hand, but Ezra gripped stronger.

"Come on, Amy," Ezra closed the door behind him and locked it from the outside.

"Soni, wouldn't you do something about this?" She felt betrayed by Soni's silence towards the commotion.

"He had asked for my permission to train you once we saw you here," he shrugged as he was walking towards a chair.

"Ugh! Fine..." She growled in frustration. "When will you stop bothering me?"

"Until I win your heart," he said in confidence. Even after what happened last night, this man still had the audacity to flirt with her.

"Bullshit!" She snapped at him, but he ignored her. I'm going to ruin you. Just watch..

Again, she readied herself for round two of playing him on the edge. Soni was busy with her laptop, probably planning on his business, she didn't really care as long as he wasn't paying attention to her. Despite not wanting him to teach her, Ahmya still followed whatever he instructed on her. She kept failing, but Ezra was very determined and patient in helping her improve.

On some occasions, he would align his face to her in order to see her point of view while stealing pecks of kisses on her cheek. She ignored it, because the more she reacted, the more he was satisfied. He wanted to get on her nerves, yet he didn't know she was very resistant to his touch from how much she hated him, so nothing really affected her. Somehow, her body didn't react as badly as it was last night. She hated the touch, but there's less pain she felt.

After several trials, Ahmya finally hit the center. She smiled wide seeing her very first shoot to the center. "Wow, thanks," she said genuinely with a straight face, yet she forgot her initial plan to toy with him as she was so focused on her training.

"No problem," he grabbed her chin and faced her to him, causing her to startle.

"What do you want?" She said in a low voice and accusing look.

"Seeing your face," he said, leaning closer to her.

"Not that easy, mister," she pushed his chest away and back to her training.

"Then, what's my reward after helping you here?"

"So, you helped me for a reward?" She tilted her head to see him in annoyance.

"I'm not trying to lie here. Yes, I can't restrain myself not to ask you for a reward," he said in confidence.

"Well, then what would you suggest as a reward? Not the face," Ahmya loosened up.

"What about a date?" He suggested. Ahmya was annoyed, but she didn't wanna waste her time dealing with him, so she would just agree to it.

She took a deep breath, "Alright, when?"