Chapter 23: Will He Still Love Her?

A year had passed and a lot of things had changed. After seeing her skills on gardening while helping him, Soni had decided to recruit her into his business, so Ahmya was no longer working in the toy shop, but helping him out in The Huda's Garden. Soni saw the potential in her and helped her gain knowledge. He even encouraged her to go study forestry as she always wanted, but she refused saying that she enjoyed working in the field and learning from her experience along the way, so he focused on providing her books and offering her several workshops to attend.

Soni's business developed rapidly throughout the year since he created his website. Not just that, with Ahmya's help and enthusiasm in agriculture and forestry, he was able to expand the business area into agriculture business. Besides her monthly salary, she recently was given 5% share of his business as a gift for her dedication to his business since she wasn't even getting paid.

At first, she only wanted to enjoy gardening with him as she loved feeling around nature, but then she did more for him voluntarily, in which Soni felt the need to appreciate her. She also volunteered in the Green Rangers, an organization that focused on forest rehabilitation and green city movement. She enjoyed her life more as she now had all the platforms to express her passions and interests.

However, despite a lot of things that changed, few things remained the same and one of them was her mask. "Hei, ninja! Help out here?" A friend called her when she was about to drink her water on her first break after digging holes at the city park where they're planting various trees for their green city program. She walked up to him with her bottle in her hand.

"I just had my first break and you already called me again, Dan?" She hit the shove on his leg playfully.

"Nah, I just want that water," he grabbed her bottle and casually drank from it. Daniel was her close friend in the organization since they often paired up on the same projects and everytime he was chosen to be the project leader, Ahmya always be his right hand, unless when she wasn't able to attend.

"Take that whole, bruh," she grabbed back the water and splashed it on his sweaty body. He was annoyed and she laughed hard, feeling satisfied. It wasn't a new thing for them to troll each other and the whole organization knew it.

"I'll make you pay for that," Daniel said curtly.

"You've already wet from sweat. What's the difference?" Ahmya shrugged as she drank the water.

"By the way, are you joining on the next project?" Daniel changed the topic while walking to the side to have a break along with Ahmya.

"I think no. I'm gonna attend an event for my father's martial arts school in Bistam," she sat on a park bench, leaning on her back.

"A competition?" Daniel asked curiously.

"No, it's an annual event he held with his best friend's school, but this time there will be a party held specifically for the disciples, maybe like a bachelor party or a prom like party, I don't know. Their schools had been in alliance for years and the disciples were bonded that they also had their own agenda every 3 years to celebrate. Sounds fun," she shrugged.

"Alliance? Do you fight some enemies or something?" She didn't know where his thought came from, but it was funny how he immediately thought it's about them involved in something like warfare. She giggled at his silliness before she explained further to him.

"No... It's more likely about exchanging knowledge and resources, but I guess there's an open possibility to fight along a certain enemy if there's ever one," she fueled his fantasy.

"Have they ever?" If she didn't hear and see him, she surely thought she was talking to a kid. Despite how well he was at leading the projects, he was still sometimes acting childish, which also became such entertainment for her.