Chapter 26: The Dress

The next day on the friendly match, Ahmya as she did last year, didn't involve herself in the match. She sat with Triana, watching the ongoing match. From the other side of the hall where Mr. Buana's team gathered, Ezra was watching over her. Would he challenge her again? Maybe, but she didn't mind. She hadn't met him since the accident with Viona.

Ezra : I didn't mean it, flower.

Ahmya: Didn't mean what?

Ezra: The kissing

Ahmya: How should I believe it?

She slipped her phone in her pocket as she approached Mr.Buana. "Hallo, Mr. Buana,"

"Eh, Ahmya? Don't call me that. Just call uncle Dareen. What do you need?"

"I'm sorry. It's not that I don't enjoy the event, but can I use a space in your field to play archery? Something really bothers me and occupies my mind. Archery helps me focus, but I don't want to disrespect you. It's okay if you won't allow me," she tried so hard not to offend him.

"Ah, it's fine. You don't join the match anyway, so why not busy yourself with other things, right?" Surprisingly Dareen was quite understanding.

"Thank you, uncle," she tilted her head forward with a happy face.

"No problem, dear," he smiled sincerely, then Ahmya excused herself to the guest room to take her bow, arrows, and her target.

This year, the match was held as a competition. Soni and Ezra were put in different groups and they both made a win streak to the final. As in the final, Soni won over Ezra. While in the female match, Viona won as the victor.

"So, to make it more thrilling, we've decided that the victors can choose to fight anyone in our community. How was it?" The crowd cheers, suggesting names for Soni and Viona. "So, what about you, Soni?"

Soni thought for a while as he scanned the crowd. "I don't know if he'll agree, but since I've defeated his best disciple, I think I want to test myself by challenging Mr. Buana," he shrugged while smiling at the old man.

"Whoaaaahoho! How is it, sir?" The host asked Mr. Buana.

"I never say no to a challenge. Come on, boy!" The old man took off his jacket as he prepared for the match. Dareen was old but just like Finn,he was still strong, agile, and experienced. It was easy for him to spot Soni's weakness. After a long fight, the game finally ended with Mr. Buana winning the game. It's true that age didn't affect them, while experience strengthened them.

"What a thrilling match wasn't it? Alright, next, from the ladies, Viona, everyone!" Viona entered the arena and in that moment, Ezra's face filled with anticipation as he saw her glared at Ahmya who was currently doing archery not far in the field. "Who would you challenge?"

"Well, I can't challenge Mr. Huda, but I think I found the right pair for me," she said in confidence.

"Owh, I think I got a guess. Wait. Could it be Mr. Huda's daughter?" The host guessed.

"You got it. Yes, it's Ahmya," her words brought anticipation to Ezra. He knew what kind of fighter Viona was. Unlike Ahmya who was soft and flowing, Viona was rough and bold. It wasn't that he underestimated Ahmya, but Viona's attack mostly caused injuries that could be fatal if she didn't hold back, and Ahmya had to move fast to avoid it, meanwhile Ahmya had problems with her composure during the fight that could make her lose focus. In this case, both of them held a grudge towards each other, but for Viona it fueled up her attacks while for Ahmya it weakened her. It made him worry, but he couldn't prevent them as it might harm Mr. Huda's reputation. No matter what, Ahmya was one disciple that Finn personally trained.