Chapter 22: Box of Grief

A dried rose was kept safely in its glass box, sealing their love for eternity. What was more painful than being in love eternally for someone who had gone forever? The pain was worse than betrayal, because he wasn't gone by his will, and it's just hard for her to move on knowing how faithful he was to her. Every single thing that reminded her of him, she kept safe in her box of grief. The soft handkerchief represented the touch of him, his favorite jersey that smelled like him, a flash disk containing their favorite songs that told the story of their romanticism. She held him close through those stuff. She put them back in and shed her last fallen tears with the handkerchief, then closed the lid.

"Ahmya? Are you awake yet?" Soni knocked on her door right after she put back the box in her wardrobe. Ahmya had been awake since hours ago, but she didn't go out since she felt so much burn out. She opened the door for him, her head swung lazily with her motion. "Mom has prepared a special breakfast for all of us. We have to have breakfast together," he said.

"For what occasion?" Ahmya wasn't in a mood to celebrate anything that day.

"For us to return safely, I guess?" Soni shrugged. Ahmya sighed deeply, "Okay." Soni was surprised to see her not in good spirits, but he didn't really think about it. He just assumed she was still tired.

The smell of the food was very appetizing. She walked down along with Soni towards the dining room. Finn, Triana, and Ezra were already there. When her eye met him, she looked away immediately, feeling somehow guilty from what happened a day before. Finn sat in the middle and his wife on his right side of the table near him, while Ezra on his left side of the table a chair away from him. Ahmya was planning to take the chair beside her mother, but Soni already took it first, so she had to sit on the chair beside Ezra. She sat there without bothering to look at him.

"Wow, a lot of food for the morning, mom," Soni was amused with how many foods her mother cooked for them.

"I'm happy we're all returning safely and since Ezra will be preparing for his leave this afternoon, we have no choice than to do it in the morning," Triana said charmingly. They all smiled wide, but the tension between Ahmya and Ezra was rising, yet they didn't show it off since they didn't wanna break the mood.

"So, what time is your flight?" Finn asked Ezra.

"3.15 p.m, uncle. I'll be leaving from here at 2 p.m, so I won't be in a rush," Ezra said.

"Soni can drive you to the airport later. Right, son?" Finn said.

"Of course, I'm his driver to the airport as usual," Soni said jokingly.

"I will always be your driver too when we're in Bistam," Ezra responded in the same manner and they all smiled.

"What's your plan after this?" Triana asked the three youngsters.

"I'll be resting, then I'll work on my website later," Soni said.

"I'm going to the grave, to visit my parents and Gandi," Ahmya said.

"Can I come with you?" Ezra asked her enthusiastically.

"Aren't you going to prepare yourself for your departure?" She actually didn't want him to come with her.

"I've prepared my stuff last night, just need to pack up a little stuff later. I'm free this morning," he said.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Your mother told me she wanted you to pick up her order in The Ruby Boutique. She ordered it online, but since you're here, she wanted you to pick it up for her. Sorry, I was so occupied that I forgot to tell you. If you want to take Ahmya to the grave, you'll drive past the shop," Triana explained.