Chapter 49💙

A/N: hey stormie gang,welcome back to another chapter. I know I'm late on updating the book so I hope this chapter will be a little apology gift to y'all. Also who's excited for Christmas? I know i am. Anyways let me stop my rambling and lets get into the story.

In Florida

Novalie's POV

After our long flight to Florida ,we finally arrived . Today is the day that me,Stoke and Jah perform our new song take a step back. We were planning to chill for a few hours.

I was sitting on the couch at Mikey's house with the members only gang when suddenly Jah gently tapped on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Remember about the thing we talked about earlier?" He said and i nodded. I almost forgot that I was meeting his mom and i ain't gonna lie,I am scared shitless.

I quickly went upstairs to the guest bedroom and changed into something more appropriate.

I mean that's fine for meeting your boyfriend's mom...right?

I put on some mascara and lipgloss,sprayed my signature jasmine perfume and curled my hair. I went downstairs and found Jah scrolling on his phone while standing up. He looked up smiled

"Cute." He said and my cheeks went red

We walked to the car and Jah drove to his house.

3 hours later

Jahseh's POV

We finally arrived at my house and I looked at Nova. I can tell that she is nervous. I grabbed her hand gently and she looked at me.

"Don't worry,if my mom ask any questions that makes you uncomfortable,I gotchu." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you,I really don't know what I would do without you ." She said and I kissed her cheek before getting out for the car and opening the door for her.

She got out then thanked me then we walked up to the front door. We both waited until a familiar woman appeared at the door.

Cleopatra Bernard,my mom.

"Jahseh,welcome back sweetie." She smiled before giving me a hug.

"Hi ma." I deadpanned. She pulled away and looked at Nova.

"So this is the girl that you have been going crazy over." She said chuckling and Nova pulled out her hand.

"Hi Ms Onfroy, my name is Novalie, Jahseh's girlfriend." Nova said and my mom shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Novalie,get inside." My mom said before we both got inside.

I look around the house,looks like she renovated.

"You have a very lovely house ms Onfroy." Nova said and my mom thanked her.

"Please,sit down." My mom said and that's my cue. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a jug of juice before turning to the dining room listening to their conversation.

Let the games begin.

Novalie's POV

We were both sitting at the dining room and and Jahseh's mom cleared her throat before asking me some questions..shit..

"So Novalie,where are you from?" His mom asked.

"I'm from Chicago,born and raised." I said sounding a bit proud. Look I may had some shit going on over there but I love that city way too much.

"Where and how did you meet my son?" She asked.

"I met him at a party somewhere in Florida."

She nodded and I gulped. Did I tell you that I'm scared shitless? She noticed before chuckling.

" Don't be scared Novalie,I'm not scary." She said and I nodded.

"How long have you and Jah have been dating?"

"Seven months now. We started dating the day after my birthday." I said smiling internally.

"Oh,did you confess or he did?"

"He did,and honestly I had feelings for him too but I didn't wanna jeopardize the friendship that we had and I had a bad history of relationships."

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking."

Shittttt

"Ma,she's still healing from allat stuff." I heard Jah said while walking to the living room

"It's okay, I can tell her." I said and both Jah and his mom nodded

"I was in a toxic relationship for 5 years,I then dated a girl for 2 years before she cheated on me."

"I'm sorry." She said with a sympathetic look

"It's fine Ms Onfroy." I said before letting out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding in.

"Can I give you some advice…" she asked and I nodded.

"Just please don't break his heart,he has been through a lot. He's a good kid I know it. Don't be afraid to put him in check incase he does some dumb shit." She said

"I won't Ms Onfroy. You have my word." I said

"Please,call me Cleo." She smiled

Okay,not bad for a first encounter with your boyfriend's mom

"Jah,you can come out now. " Ms Onfroy-  Cleo said and Jah walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room and sat next to me

"You better not break her heart boy or I'll beat your ass,got it?" She said

"Yes mam." He replied before taking my butterfly tattoos hand and kissed it. Let's just say my face was in a shade of a tomato.

We continued talking before a little boy walked in who looked kinda like Cleo.

"Hey Aiden,how was school?" Cleo asked.

"It was good- Jah!!" He said running to Jah and hugging him

"Hey little man." Jah said while chuckling.

"I'm not little anymore,I'm 11." Aiden whined before looking at me.

"You're pretty." The little boy named Aiden as said.

"Thank you." I said giving him a warm smile.

"Aiden,this is Novalie. Your brother's girlfriend " Cleo introduced

"Girlfriend? Does that mean..you're gonna be my big sister soon?" Aiden asked excitedly

"Calm down lil nigga." Jah said and I softly hit him in his arm

"Jah,he's a child. Don't swear." I said in disbelief

"It's fine Novalie,I'm used to it." Aiden shrugged

"Please,call me Nova." I said

"Okay Nova." Aiden said

After a few hours it was time for me and Jah to leave,we had a performance coming up.

"Thanks for having me Cleo." I said

"You're welcome sweetie,you can come over whenever you want." She said before giving me a hug

We both said our goodbyes before going to the venue where we are going to perform with the members only gang.

A/N: and I had to cut this chapter short,sorry y'all but up next I will release the next chapter which is the performance so stay tuned

Y'all make sure you guys comment, share, vote and add it to your library or reading list

Don't be a ghost reader, join the stormie gang 👑💙

See y'all on the next chapter!!