When it all began

Vince McMahon smiled proudly as everyone fawned over his two year old daughter. Elizabeth Madelyn McMahon was a beautiful little girl. She had dark hair, tan skin, and bright blue eyes. Elizabeth giggled as someone picked her up and kissed her cheeks. Vince's broad smile quickly faded though once he saw that the man holding his daughter was Ted Dibiase. Ted held Elizabeth as he walked over to Vince "She's beautiful, Vince. A little treasure." Elizabeth, ignorant to Ted's greedy stare, simply smiled and snuggled into Ted's shoulder. Vince directs Ted inside the house, where they can talk in private. Once they are alone, Vince turns on Dibiase "I've given you your money damn it! I owe you nothing!" Vince had borrowed over two million dollars from Ted to get his family out of debt. He had paid him off, and couldn't understand why he was here at his daughters birthday party. Ted smirks "Maybe, but I know that you still aren't completely out of the hole. So I have a proposition for you." Vince knew better then to make a deal with Ted Dibiase, that was like making a deal with the devil. None the less, Vince says "What's the proposition?" Teds smirk widens "You still need, what? Another three million? Vince, how did you, such a financial genius, get so deep in debt?" Vince grits his teeth "Trying to get a business on top, I just bought my new house, and I have three kids!" Ted chuckles as he sees Vince become agitated "Well I'm more then happy to give you the money, but you will have to pay me back of course." Vince scoffed "That can't be it." Ted opened his mouth, and expelled his signature laugh "Oh it's not! Your daughter Elizabeth, and my son Ted are just about the same age. Ted is a few years older, but that's not important. My deal is this, Vince; when Elizabeth turns 21, she will marry my son, and you will then give me control over a trust fund that contains the money you owe me." Vince exploded "Are you crazy?! There is no way in hell I would sell my daughter like that! You are insane!" Ted smirked again "Am I? What I'm seeing is the million dollar princess and the million dollar Prince together, that would be a legacy like no other. Elizabeth would have a husband to take care of her, and Ted would have a beautiful millionare wife." Vince glared at Ted "Why my daughter? You have all the money you want, and your son could find someone else!" Teds smirk widened into a full grin "To drive you up the wall, of course. Come on, Vince. I would hate to see you lose your house, and everything you have worked for." Vince shook his head "No! No matter what, my daughter is priceless! I will never put a price tag on her, and she definitely won't be the solution to my debt!" Ted kissed Elizabeth's forehead as he passed her over to Vince "Well you know where to find me if you change your mind."

Two months later, Vince is in deep debt. He had tried so hard to get his company to the top that he had really just dug himself a hole. Linda had become unbearable, and a constant tension had settled over the McMahon family. Finally, one night Vince told Linda about Ted's proposal. Linda had glanced over at their daughter, and with tears in her eyes said "If we lose everything, she will have no chance. It is our job to give our children everything, and if we lose everything we can't do that. Elizabeth will get the best education, the best life possible, and when she's old enough she will be given a wonderful husband!" Vince couldn't believe his ears "Do you know what you are saying? We would be taking away her choice, do we want to do that to her?" Linda fixed her husband with a hard stare "Do you want to lose everything you have worked for. Because we will, Vince!" She got up, and left Vince alone. He stared at his daughter as she played in the floor. Elizabeth smiled at him innocently as he picked her up "I hope you can forgive me."

The next day, Vince went to Ted's home with Elizabeth in tow. Ted slid the contract over to Vince, and with a wicked smile said "Well Vince, I was right. Everyone has a price for the million dollar man, even you." He took elizabeth into his arms and kissed her head "You just put a price on your daughter, Vince. How does that feel?" Vince doesn't respond as he signs the paper.