Shane Comes Home

When I get a phone call from a number in Washington D.C. I don't question it. I answer the call "Hello?" My heart stops when I hear "It's me." I could never mistake that voice. The low, smooth voice that I instantly recognize as my brothers. I gasp "Shane!" I am almost in tears as he laughs "It's me. I'm in D.C. I'm..." He pauses and I can hear him chuckle once again "I'm coming home." I squeal out of pure excitement "Oh my gosh! You're in D.C?" Shane sighs "Yeah. I should be home in a few hours." I quickly give him my address, and I demand that he comes to see me immediately. I hang up before he can protest, and I eagerly await my brother on my front porch. When I see a car pull up, and I see my brother get out of it, I bolt off of my porch and I launch myself into his arms. The moment that I am once again reunited with my big brother I feel a piece of my heart, a piece that I didn't even know had been missing, latch back into place. I feel whole once again. Shane hugs me back, and in the commotion of our reunion I hear him choke out one word "Lizzie." When we separate I only throw myself back into his arms "You're home!" He nods "I'm home." I smile "I can't believe this." He frowns slightly "We need to talk, Lizzie. I came home for a reason." I frown "Why?" He sighs "You need to tell your husband about Ted. If you don't, I will." My eyes widen in shock "What?!" My brother nods solemnly "I'm serious. This past year has been agony. I thought about what Ted did to you, and then Teddy being completely blind. The best way to punish Ted is to tell the truth." I shake my head "No! Liam is Teddy's son! If I told him now it would crush him! He loves Liam!" Shane squeezes my hands "I know. But Lizzie this is what's best. If you don't tell Teddy soon, I will do it for you. I'm sure he would be more understanding of it came from you." I begin to tremble as I think of how my husband will react. The idea of exposing this secret terrifies me, but if I don't tell Teddy I might not only lose my husband, but I could also lose my brother.

Shane returns home, and we are all thrilled to see him. When Shane and my dad see each other my father actually has to wipe tears from his eyes. Over the next couple of days I find out that he and Olivia had broken off the engagement a few months before, and he had basically wandered around London. Liam takes very kindly to his uncle. The two become inseparable, and I dare say that Shane has even come to adore my son. Ted has remained absent since Shane's return, and I am very grateful for it. I have tried to tell Teddy the truth about Liam a few times, but every time I do I become terrified and completely lose my courage. The threat of Shane dropping the bomb at any time constantly has me terrified. But through all of this, I am still so happy. My brother has finally come home. We have gotten our relationship back, and we are closer then ever. It seems Shane's presence definitely helps calm me. Shane has always been my protector, and him being home just puts me at ease. Now if I could just get up the courage to tell my husband the truth about Liam!

Ted's POV
When I hear the news that Shane McMahon has returned home I am enraged. That little bastard does nothing but get in my way. He riles his sister, and gets her attitude up and going. I have just gotten everything where I want it, and now Shane McMahon has come back home to ruin everything. I am determined, though, to get him back on the road to wherever he wants to go. I could really care less as long as it is not Connecticut. There is something else floating through my head. It is a small speck of fear. Shane is the only one, other then Elizabeth and I, that knows the truth about my son. Something tells me that he came home for more than a family reunion. I grit my teeth: Ted Dibiase is not scared of anyone or anything, especially not Shane McMahon! I decide that I need to make an appearance, and remind Shane that I'm the boss. I tuck that small speck of fear away, and I once again remind myself that I am Ted Dibiase and I am unbeatable.

****Looks like things are about to get interesting! Elizabeth is pregnant, Shane has come home intent on Teddy finding out the truth, and Ted is set on sending Shane on his way! Remember to comment or message me directly and tell me what you think!****