The Baby Shower

Teddy and I decide not to reveal the name of our baby until the baby shower. Ted and Mary insisted that they arrange the entire thing, and that it be hosted at their home, much to my disdain. The party is on December 23rd, and they throw the most extravagant party possible. Teddy and I put on our best smiles though, and try to enjoy ourselves. Everyone rubs my large belly, and comments on how pregnancy suits me. As I am in the kitchen getting a bit of food, Ted joins me. I frown when he rests his hand on my belly "He's a big boy for sure." I move away from him "Yes he is." Ted leans against the counter next to me "It's rather cruel to make me wait to find out my sons name. I should have been the first one to know." I turn and glare at him "If I ever hear you refer to my baby as your son again, I promise you will regret it. He is not your son." Ted smirks "That is where you are certainly wrong." I look away from him, and when he kisses my cheek I flinch "He's my son. Don't ever forget that." I walk out of the kitchen only to run into my father. I am still not on the best terms with my parents, but now all I want to do is fall into my fathers arms and cry. He smiles "You look beautiful, Elizabeth." I throw my arms around his neck, and hug him tightly. I can hear his gasp of surprise, but he quickly returns the embrace and soon I am crying into his shirt. My father rubs my back "It's alright." I whisper "I'm sorry daddy." He nods "I'm sorry." I pull away and smile "Come on. We are about to announce the baby's name." He wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I feel a small bubble of happiness swell inside of me. Teddy is waiting for me, and when I join him everyone's eyes are on us. Teddy wraps his arm around my waist "I know that all of you are anxious to find out what we are going to be naming our little boy. Well we have kept you waiting long enough." I smile "We have decided on...." Everyone grins as I pause for dramatic effect "Liam Theodore Dibiase." Everyone awes, and after Stephanie approaches me with Hunter "It's beautiful Elizabeth!" I smile "A beautiful name for a beautiful baby." Hunter hugs me "Congratulations." I grin "Thank you." The rest of the party goes on rather pleasantly, and when we open our gifts we receive so many things. After we open our gifts we visit with our guests. I find my brother "Theodore?" I nod "He will be named after Teddy. One of the best men I know." Shane frowns "And one of the worst." I sigh "Don't start. Let's just celebrate. How is my brother the bachelor?" Shane smiles "I may not be a bachelor much longer." My heart leaps "What?" He nods "I'm planning on proposing to Olivia on Christmas Day." I throw my arms around my brother "I'm so happy for you! She will say yes, of course!" Shane grins "Let's hope."

After Ted and I get home that night we talk about the baby. He rubs my belly "He'll have green eyes. Just like we do." I frown "Well he might have brown. After all your father has brown eyes." Ted nods "Perhaps. I wonder if he will be blonde? Or be dark headed like you." I frown once again "We will have to see." Teddy grins "I'm so excited. Just one more month." I smile "One more month." But as my due date grows closer and closer I only get more apprehensive. I promised myself that Teddy would never know the truth about this baby, and I am determined to keep that promise.