18 Years Later

Elizabeth Madelyn McMahon (Above)

Elizabeth's POV

My big brother Shane helps me out of the limo as we arrive at the arena. I take his arm, and I can't help but smile at all the paparazzi that greet us "Shane, do you ever wonder what our lives would be like if we weren't famous?" Shane clenches his jaw "Yes, I have." He shakes his head "But let's just focus on right now. Happy birthday, baby sister." I smile "I can't believe I'm twenty! I'm no longer a teenager." Shane grins as he looks at his baby sister "Were you ever? You have always been so mature. It seemed like you just skipped puberty." I can't help but laugh "I'm just blessed. We all are." It seems like as soon as we walk into the building, we run into Ted Dibiase Sr. and his son. They both smile at me, and I return their smile. Ted Sr. kisses my cheek "Elizabeth, happy birthday sweetheart!" My face reddens "Thank you! I hope you will be at my party tomorrow night?" I can't help but notice the way that Shane stiffens beside me. I ignore it as Ted says "Of course. We wouldn't miss it for the world." Teddy smiles "See you then, Elizabeth." As they walk away, I pinch Shane's arm "That was rude! You didn't even speak to them." Shane rolls his eyes, a habit he knows I hate "Trust me, Lizzie, I don't think it was me they were interested in." I scoff "Well that is no excuse for poor manners." Shane laughs "You're so cute when you get annoyed." He puts his arm around me "I love ya, Lizzie." I look up at him "I love you too, Shane O' Mac."

Shane's POV
My father sighs "She will never forgive me." I stay quiet though I know he's right. Elizabeth is one of the sweetest people I have ever known, but she also has a temper that even causes our father to shake. She also has an unwavering ability to hold a grudge for years. I bite my lip "You're telling her tomorrow?" Dad nods "I have to. She's twenty! Dibiase has already planned their wedding. She will be married two weeks after her birthday on April 25th. I've already waited to long." I roll my eyes "Why not do it on her birthday if he's so anxious?" Dad laughs, though it is an empty laugh "He's a bastard, that's why. He wants her to celebrate her twenty first birthday knowing that her freedom is only temporary." I clench my fist "Why did you do it? Elizabeth deserves better than this!" Dad slams his fist down on his desk "I had no choice! Don't you think I know she deserves better! I do! Dibiase caught me with my hands tied, I had no choice, Shane." I shake my head "You always have a choice. But you chose to give into Dibiase, and now Elizabeth is the one that has to pay." Dad glares at me "Watch your mouth! I'm still your father!" I shake my head "No father of mine would give in like this!"

Elizabeth's POV
I am giddy with excitement as my sister does my hair. We are preparing for my birthday party, and the house is beginning to fill with the smells of freshly baked cake, Italian food, and many of my other favorites. My mother has decided to throw me a birthday ball. Everyone is going to be wearing evening gowns, and tuxedos; I will be dressed like a princess; and best of all there will be dancing. My sister curls my hair, and does my make up. Then two hours before my party, I am slipping into my dress. It is a silk floor length gown. It is red, and the sleeves fall off my shoulders. It hugs my body enough to show my curves, but is loose enough to maintain my modesty. I slip into my red pumps, and my sister grins "You look beautiful! You're all grown up now." She puts on my diamond earrings, and my matching necklace. When my mother comes in she smiles proudly "You've become such a beautiful woman. Any man would be lucky to have you." I laugh "I don't have time to think about men!" My mother smiles "Stephanie, why don't you go see if your brother needs help. I will take the birthday girl down to the party to be announced." I stand in front of the double doors which lead onto the balcony overlooking our ballroom. My brother comes up, and I take his arm "Ready?" I nod "Of course." We open the doors, and I step out. Everyone has their glasses raised in my direction, and I feel on top of the world.