Who's Smarter?

Shane makes sure he stands by my side whenever Teddy and his parents come in. Teddy kisses my cheek "You look beautiful." I force myself to smile "Thank you." Ted also kisses my cheek "You look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart." I cringe whenever he says sweetheart. It's like he purposefully says it in such a way that sends chills up my spine. My brother rests his hand on my back "Elizabeth, why don't you go find mom? Tell her our guests are here." I nod "Okay." I go upstairs, but I stand up at the balcony. Ted and Teddys backs are turned to me, so Shane is the only one that can see me. I raise a finger to my lips when his eyes meet mine, and he gets the hint. Ted's chuckle soon Fills the room "It's so endearing how you are the protective big brother." Shane smirks "Well it is my job to protect her from..." His eyes slide from Ted to his son and then back again "Unwanted vermin." I feel my eyes widen as Shane continues "My father has always been to busy to really look out for my sisters, so I've always thought of it as my job." Then Shane leans in to Ted, and says "Let me warn you, Mr. Dibiase. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep my sister happy. I don't care how much money or how many people you know, it doesn't matter. All it comes down to is who is smarter, and believe me you are not the smartest man in the room." Then, Teddy steps forward, taking everyone by surprise "You think you can intimidate us? Well you're wrong! I do admire your willingness to fight for your sister, even though it's useless." Shane grins "We'll see." Then he looks up at me, and I know that the conversation is over. I go to my mothers room, and I tell her that our guests are here.

Shane's POV
I grin as my sister dodges all of Ted's attempts at conversation. Ted grits his teeth in frustration "So Elizabe-" I jump up "Everyone, why don't we all go out riding? We haven't done that in ages!" I suggest going horseback riding simply because it's so awkward just sitting around. My dad grins "Fantastic idea! We could all go to the stables, and then go out for dinner tonight!" Ted glares at me "Splendid idea."

When we get to the stables, Elizabeth and I quickly mount our horses. Elizabeth glances around before she says "That was an idiotic move Shane!" My eyes widen in shock "What?" Elizabeth shakes her head "When you fight fire with fire, you get burnt." I feel defeated as she gallops away from me. I am soon joined by Ted. He smiles "April 11th, right?" I give him an odd look "What?" He smiles "Elizabeth's birthday is April 11th, right? I've been thinking about the wedding, and why wait until April 25th?" I feel my heart drop "You wouldn't. You can't! The contract states that Elizabeth will be married on April 25th!" Ted smirks "Yes, but towards the bottom of the contract, it states that all matters involving this contract will be in the hands of Ted Dibiase. So I can do that. I could make it for tomorrow if I wanted!" I feel fury and hate build up inside of me "I won't let you." Ted smirks "There's nothing you can do about it. I'm in charge here. You said earlier that I am not the smartest guy in the room, well you're wrong there. I'll always be two steps ahead of you." My brain buzzes as I come up with an idea as Ted gallops away towards where Elizabeth and his son are riding. I smirk "We shall see."