A birthday ruined

******I am going to start referring to Ted Dibiase Sr., and his son as Teddy!********

As I am talking with my friends, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to find Teddy standing there. My friends smile and disperse. I smile "Teddy! I'm so glad you came." He nods "So am I. I have to say, Elizabeth, you look absolutely enchanting." I blush "Well thank you." Teddy offers me his hand "Do you want to dance?" I take his hand "I thought no one was going to ask me." Teddy smirks "I think they're scared." I gasp "Why?!" He chuckles "Well you are kind of intimidating. You are simply a heartbreak waiting to happen in this dress." I smirk "Teddy, if I didn't know any better I would think that you were flirting with me." He shrugs "Well it is your birthday." We dance around the ballroom, and I can't help but notice that everyone's eyes are on us. We are interrupted when Teddy's father cuts in. I am suddenly swept up into Ted's arms, and he laughs "This is a beautiful party, Elizabeth." I grin "Thank you. I've always loved the idea of dancing, ball gowns, and grand parties. It all seems like a fairytale." Ted smiles "You've always been a princess. That's one thing I do personally love about you." I quirk an eyebrow "What's that?" He twirls me "You carry yourself with elegance. You are always so graceful, and always have been." I blush "What is going on with you Dibiase men tonight? Are you always this charming?" Ted chuckles "Well tonight's a special occasion. You deserve to be charmed." After the song ends, I go over to my sister "I'm danced out for the moment." Before I can even sit down, my brother is at my ear "Elizabeth, dad needs you in his office." I cut my eyes at him "Why?" Shane sighs "Just come on."

When I walk into my fathers office, Ted and Teddy are waiting with my father. I narrow my eyes "What's going on?" Dad points to a chair "Elizabeth, sit down." I cross my arms "I think I'll stand." Teddy smiles "Feisty, I like it." I glare at him "Mind your own business, Dibiase." My father sighs "Elizabeth, there's something I need to tell you." My father continues to tell me about how he had made a deal with Ted, and how I am expected to marry Teddy. At the end of his story I scream "What the hell? You can't be serious!" My dad sighs "Dear, please..." I throw my hands in the air "What is this the 1800s? You can't force me to marry anyone." Ted chuckles "He actually can. Your father signed a contract, and if he breaks it I take every penny he owns." I look at my father "Please tell me you didn't." My father looks away, and I can see the shame clearly on his face. I feel truly hurt "You...you..." I turn and walk out of his office, I run to my room and lock the door. My brother knocks on the door "Lizzie! Please let me in!" I scream "No! Tell everyone to go home!" After five minutes my door opens, and Shane's standing there with one of my bobby pins. I throw a pillow at him "Get out!" He dodges the pillow easily, and instead wraps his arms around me. I fight him at first then I just collapse onto his chest. He holds me "It's okay." Through my tears I look at him "Please tell me I don't have to do this! Tell me it's all a joke!" He sighs "I wish I could." I sob even more "No!" My brother simply holds me as I cry myself into an exhausted sleep.