Devastated

Elizabeth's POV

The next morning, I wake up and I find myself in an unfamiliar room. As I sit up my sister walks into the room "You're awake!" I groggily nod "Where am I?" Stephanie sighs as she sits down on the edge of the bed "Shane and I thought that it would be a good idea for you to say with Hunter and I for a few days." I feel a tear slip down my cheek "I'm ruined." Stephanie runs her hand through my hair "No, you're not. Teddy needs to work through things, and so do you! It's better for you two to work through this separately for now." I sob violently "What about Liam?! Where is Liam?" Stephanie hushes me "Hunter has him downstairs. It's alright." I sigh "What am I going to do?" My sister cups my chin and she raises my face so I look at her. The fire in her eyes takes me back "You are going to be fine. You are going to get out of bed, go downstairs to your son, and you are going to go on with life like nothing is wrong." The fire in her eyes blazes even brighter "Remember Elizabeth, we are McMahons! We are not going to let Ted Dibiase win, not this time." I smile "Thanks, Steph." She smiles "Go take a shower." Once she leaves I feel so much better. I get out of bed, take a shower, do my hair, and get dressed. When I go downstairs, I see my baby boy playing with Hunter. Liam looks up to see me, and he instantly reaches for me "Mama! Mama!" I pick him up "Hey, little man!" He snuggles into me as I sit down on the couch. Hunter looks at me "You okay?" I nod "I think so." My brother in law wraps his arm around me "We won't let the bastard get away with this." I smile "Thank you, Hunter." Knowing that I have my family standing right behind me makes everything so much easier. I know I can't be beaten as long as I have them by my side.

Two days go by and nothing happens. Teddy refuses to answer my calls, which I can understand that he needs time, but we need to work through this. While my sister has been sweet and caring I crave my home and my husband. I'm beginning to consider just going back home, but then one morning Hunter turns on the TV, and my face is plastered on the screen. The caption reads "Million Dollar Princess sleeping with The Million Dollar Man?" I gasp "Turn it up!" Hunter reaches for the remote "I don't think you should watch th-" I yank the remote from his hands and turn it up. The smiling reporter laughs "The story that has everyone asking questions is whether or not Elizabeth McMahon is having an affair with Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. The news of this alleged affair came to us through an anonymous source just this morning. We have tried to reach Elizabeth's husband, and Ted's son, but he refuses to answer our calls. Ted Dibiase also refuses to answer any questions, but we will not stop until we uncover the truth. Stay tuned!" The show moves onto another story, but I just keep replaying the last clip in my head over and over again. Hunter leans against the counter "Shit." I cup my mouth which had fallen open in shock "An anonymous source?!" Hunter crosses his arms "It has to be Ted. Who else would it be? Teddy wouldn't go to the media with something like that!" I grab my car keys off the counter, and I make my way over to the door. Hunter grabs my arm "Where are you going?" I take a deep breath "I'm going to go see Ted." Hunters eyes widen "No! You can't do that! If someone sees you then that will do nothing but prove what the media thinks!" I rest my hand on Hunters chest "I can't just sit here, Hunter." I kiss his cheek before heading out to my car.

I pull into Ted's driveway, and I quickly make my way to the front door. I knock, and within a few seconds he answers. Ted's eyes widen when he sees me, and  when I push my way into the house they only widen more. As soon as he shuts the door, I turn on him "You are lucky I haven't killed you! You know that?" Ted raises his hands as if to protect himself from my wrath "Now Elizabeth, I know you must be upset. We haven't had a chance to talk since the baby shower." I step toward him so that I am right in his face "Then start talking." He nods "You see, dear, in a wa-" I slap him across the face "Don't you dare call me dear, darling, sweetheart, or any of that other bullshit!" He sighs "Elizabeth, in a way I saved us both!" I scoff "What the hell are you talking about?" He continues "Well if I had admitted to...what happened...then you would be seen as weak and fragile. This way the worst is that people call you impulsive!" I grit my teeth "They are calling me a slut! My husband won't even answer my calls! All you did was save yourself! Just like always!" Ted suddenly steps towards me which causes our chests to touch, and I instinctively take a step back "I did save myself! I'll admit it, but don't make me out like someone who only cares about himself! That is not true! I love our son! I love him more then anything on this earth! I also love Teddy! Never say that I only care about myself because that is not true!" I remain silent until I softly say "You have ruined my life." He sighs "And I am sorry for that." I look at him, and for the first time I see Ted completely vulnerable. His eyes soften, his smirk falls away, and all I see is Ted Dibiase. There is no trace of the million dollar man. He cups my cheek "I really am sorry." He looks into my eyes as I look into his dark brown ones, the same eyes as my sons. Ted leans forward, and I know what he is doing, yet I don't exactly stop him. I don't know if it's because I'm just so exhausted both mentally and physically, pregnancy hormones, or what, but for some unknown reason I stand still and I let him kiss me. Ted's lips move against mine, and after a few seconds I tentatively begin to kiss him back. Ted pulls away after a few seconds, and when he does he begins to chuckle. I look at him as confusion sweeps over me. He begins to laugh louder "Wow! You actually believed me!" My face flushes red as I realize he had just been playing me. He hadn't meant anything he had said, he just wanted to see if he could lure me in. Ted smirks "I'm Ted Dibiase, and I never apologize for anything!" I look away from him, but he only steps closer as he touches my belly "But if you really want to continue what we started we can go upstairs. I pull away, and before he can react I punch him hard in the jaw. The only reaction I get is the turn of his head, but that is enough for me. I push past him and make my way to my car. When I get back to Stephanie's I try to just slide in the door without anyone noticing, but Hunter is waiting for me. As soon as he asks me what is wrong, I just fall against his chest and sob. I tell him everything that happened and what was said, and he just holds me as I cry. I cry and cry and cry.