A New Life

Shane's POV
The next morning everyone is going insane. Ted Sr. had called looking for Elizabeth, and I was all to happy to tell him exactly where she was. When he heard that she was on her way to London, I'm positive he nearly had a heart attack. He was out my fathers house within ten minutes demanding to know about why Elizabeth was in London. My father of course was clueless as to mine and Elizabeth's plan, everyone was. Eventually I am cornered inside my father's office with my father, my mother, and Ted. My father is fuming "London? She's in London!" I nod "Yes." Ted runs his hand through his hair, and suddenly turns to my father "You knew about this!" I interfere "He had no idea. It was all Elizabeth and I. If you are going to blame anyone, blame me." Ted turns his gaze on me "You! You have been nothing but trouble! I swear to god..." I smirk "What are you going to do? She's in London!" Ted growls "I will drag her back here. I will not be made a fool of." My smirk widens "Too late."

Elizabeth's POV
I sigh happily as I wake up to the sound of the radio. I check my phone and see that I have a text from Matt, my boyfriend of the last two months. He wants to know if I want to meet up for breakfast, and I gladly say yes. I get up, and begin to get dressed. An hour later, I am leaving my townhouse to meet Matt. As I walk down the street, I am greeted by my neighbors. While I may still carry my name with me here in London, it isn't nearly as bad. In London, I am nothing more then a wealthy American. Which is a title I gladly carry. When I walk into the small cafe, I am greeted with a kiss from Matt. He grins "You look lovely." We sit down, and order our breakfast. Matt is a professor at one of the colleges in London, and we will often meet for breakfast before his afternoon classes. Matt is absolutely perfect. He is incredibly smart, and we are always having a debate over something. He also is quite athletic, and has an amazing physique. Matt is absolutely adorable, he has dark curly hair that always seems unkept, a stray curl is always falling into his forehead, and he has to sweep it back into place. Then his eyes are the brightest green I have ever seen, and he has a big goofy grin. My train of thought is broken when he begins to talk "So are you ready for today's debate?" I smirk "I'm always ready." Matt grins "My students and I were debating about this. If a child grows up in the ghetto, and is surrounded by violence and drugs every day, but their mother is very nurturing and attentive, will they still get involved in the crime and drugs?" I contemplate the question for a moment before responding "I say yes. A child could have the best parents, but if when they go to school they are surrounded by bad influences then they will more then likely fall to peer pressure. After all, a child spends eight hours a day in school. Also, if they decide to go out with some friends, and their friends begin to drink, then that child will be more inclined to do so because they want to seem cool. So I honestly believe that no matter how great of a parent you have, the environment a child lives in will still have a large impact." Matt nods "Even if the mother pushes great morals, good work ethic?" I shake my head "All of that can be forgotten when it comes to a teenager trying to fit in." Matt chuckles "God, you're good." I grin "I know I am." Matt grins "So I've been thinking, and we should go on a vacation together." I grin "Yes!" He chuckles "I was thinking we could go to the states, and maybe stay at the beach?" I frown "The states? Why not just stay here?" Matt shrugs "I don't care. I was just thinking that if we went to the states, your family could meet us there, and I could finally meet them." I give him a sharp look "I told you things are complicated." Matt frowns also "Are you afraid they won't approve of me?" I shake my head as I take his hand in mine "No! You are...perfect. You aren't the problem, it's my family. We are in a bit of a rough spot right now." Matt smiles softly "Well we can spend a weekend at the shore then." I nod "That sounds lovely." Matt pecks my lips "I'll go anywhere on this earth as long as you are there with me." In that moment, I could not have been happier.