He Can Never Know

When Thursday finally arrives I am beyond ready to move into the house. Teddy and I quickly pack up the last of our clothes, and we go inside the main house to say goodbye. Ted grins at me "I'm sad to see you two go. Luckily you aren't too far away. Only twenty miles." I nod "Yeah. Well we need to go. There's still a bit of work to be done." I try to pull Teddy away, but Ted grips my arm and pulls me into a hug. I cringe when he touches me, and I almost pass out when he whispers in my ear "I'll miss you the most. If you aren't pregnant this time don't beat yourself up. That just gives us a reason to try again." I quickly pull away from him, and go back to Teddy's side. When we get in Teddy's car, I feel like I can finally breathe again. Teddy grips my hand "We're finally going home." I smile "I'm so happy."

A month after we move into the house Teddy and I are so happy. I just got my period two days ago, so I am not pregnant. It is a light period, but I am so relieved. Ted and Mary only come by the house once every couple of weeks, so it is much easier to handle Ted. My brother and sister on the other hand are very frequent visitors, and I couldn't be happier about it. Altogether my life is perfect.

Teddy wakes up one morning to find me puking in the bathroom, and he is instantly concerned "You should go to the doctor." I shake my head "It's probably just food poisoning from that restaurant last night." Teddy sighs "You should still go to the doctor. You've been having headaches." I smile "Okay. I'll make an appointment for today." He kisses me "Thank you." I grin as I think to myself how cute my husband is. He pecks my lips "Do you want me to go with you?" I shake my head "It's fine. Besides you have to get ready for Raw tonight." He nods "Okay."

Later that afternoon I go to the doctors, and I expect them to give me an antibiotic. When I sit down the doctor asks "Are you pregnant?" I smile "No." He sighs "Well if patients come in with certain symptoms, we always like to do a pregnancy test just to be sure. Is that alright?" I nod "That's perfectly fine." Thirty minutes later, I am given the worst possible news I could imagine...I am pregnant. I begin to panic "No! That can't be right. I was on my period just last week!" The doctor nods "Was it a light period?" I nod "Yes, but my periods have never been heavy." My breathing begins to get shallow as he says "It is common for women to experience spotting during their pregnancy. Especially during the first trimester." I look at him sharply "How far along am I?" I remembered that Teddy's condom broke the last time we had sex, and that was two weeks ago. My heart beats quickly as I pray that it's Teddy's baby. The doctor looks at the paper "You are five weeks along." I feel despair fill me. It's Ted's baby. I'm pregnant with Ted Dibiases baby. The doctor smiles softly "Be happy. A baby is a wonderful blessing. Your expected due date is around February . I will give you a prescription for some prenatal vitamins. You will want to take one vitamin a day. Now if you miss one, then you can take two the next day. It works a lot like birth control." I try to process everything, but I just end up feeling numb. Once I'm in my car I break down and I cry. It's as if my mind is on auto pilot, and when I return to reality I find myself in Ted's driveway. I get out of the car, and knock on his door. When Ted opens the door he smirks "Well this is a nice surprise." I look up at him as another tear slides down my cheek "I'm pregnant." Ted grins "Really?" I nod "And it's your baby." Ted pulls me into his arms "This is great!" He pulls away from me "I'm assuming my son doesn't know?" My face hardens "No. He will never know. As far as Ted is concerned I am pregnant with his baby." Ted grins as he touches my belly "Deal."

When I get home I tell Teddy the news. He is overjoyed that we are having a baby! I can't believe his joy, and he instantly calls his parents. I decide to call my brother. He picks up instantly "Hey Lizzie." I smile "Hey Shane O' Mac." I hear him sigh "You know mom and dad have been asking about you. I'm sure they would appreciate it if you stopped by." I cringe "I'm not ready." Shane changes the subject "So what's up?" I take a deep breath "I'm pregnant." Shane laughs "That's great! I'm so happy for you!" I sigh "Shane..." For a moment I contemplate telling him that the baby in my belly isn't Teddy's. I want to tell him about how Ted raped me, I want to tell him everything. But it all seems to freeze on my lips, and when he responds with what, I simply tell him how happy I am.

****Please remember to leave comments!****