The Truth Comes Out

Elizabeth's POV

Later that night Shane, Stephanie, Hunter, Ted, Mary, Teddy and I are relaxing in the living room. Teddy rubs my belly "We have already decided that our little girl's name will be Claire Elizabeth Dibiase." Stephanie smiles "It's beautiful, Elizabeth." Ted smiles "I'm sure she will be as beautiful as Liam." Shane sighs "Has anyone else ever noticed how much Liam takes after Ted?" Ted smiles "Strong genes. My son takes after his mother. I guess it just skipped a generation." Shane stands up, and it is almost as if he has become a radical preacher "Oh come on, Ted! Why not tell the truth for once in your life?" Teddy looks at his father, then at Shane, and back again "What?" Shane looks at me, and he must see the desperation on my face "I'm sorry, Lizzie. You can hate me if you have to." He turns to Teddy "Liam is not y-" Ted jumps up, and faces Shane "You don't want to do this, boy! Once it's done, it can never be undone!" Shane nods "That's the point. It's time everyone knew the truth, Ted!" Mary frowns "What is he talking about, Ted?" I see Ted struggling to hold himself together, and the entire time I am just sitting there frozen in my own fear. Shane presses on "Teddy..." I see Shane struggle for just a second, but the words force their way out "Liam isn't your son." Teddy frowns "What are you talking about? Of course he's my son!" Shane points at Ted "Your father raped Elizabeth, and got her pregnant!" Teddy turns to his father "What is he talking about?" Ted is struggling even more now, and I can see that he is about to crack "Son, he is obviously lying! Don't tell me you actually believe him!" Teddy looks at his father, my brother, and then finally turns and looks at me "Elizabeth..." I feel a tear slip down my cheek, and it seems that is all the answer that Teddy needs. I hear Stephanie gasp softly. Teddy turns to his father "I'm going to ask you this one time: Did you rape my wife?" Ted is sweating now, and I can't decide if it's from the warm temperature in the room or from his nervousness "No. I never raped your wife." Shane loses it "You liar! You raped her, and you got her pregnant! Admit it!" Ted throws his hands up in the air "Fine!" Everyone goes quiet as we prepare to hear the truth comes from Ted's mouth. He sighs "Fine. I didn't want it to come out like this. But, son, I need you to know one thing: I would never rape your wife." Shane clenches his fist "Liar." Ted holds his hand up to silence Shane as he turns to me "I never thought it would come to this." He turns back to his son "I hoped you would never find out. Elizabeth and I..." He takes a deep breath "we had an affair. Liam is my son." Teddy looks utterly repulsed "What?" My husband turns to look at me "You slept...with my father!" I shake my head "No! I would never do that! Teddy you know how much I hate him!" Ted sighs "Elizabeth, it's all out in the open now. It's time to tell the truth." I finally realize what has happened. Ted has pointed the finger at me. The "affair" is a perfect excuse, and it let's Ted get away as clean as he possibly can manage. Meanwhile, I am left out in the cold. Something inside of me cracks, and I begin to laugh hysterically "This is it, isn't it? The masterful plan of Ted Dibiase! You raped me, got me pregnant, harassed me, and now you have finally stuck the knife in my chest." I look at Teddy "Don't you see what he's doing, Teddy? He's doing what he does best: saving himself. He is trying to turn you against me!" Teddy looks between his father and I, and I can see the inner battle brewing inside of him. Finally, he just turns and walks out of the room. As he walks out Ted tries to touch his shoulder, but Teddy knocks it away. I look at Ted, and with what little energy I still have I softly say "You bastard. Look at what you have done to my life. I was so happy before you came along and ruined everything. When will you realize that you are a human wrecking ball. You come into people's lives and you ruin everything and everyone that ever meant anything to them." I take a deep breath as tears slip down my cheeks "Go to hell." Then I feel myself falling as the world slowly fades to black.

Teddys POV

I stand in my office, and try not to completely lose control over myself. I feel red hot anger boiling up inside of me. My wife slept with my father. I can't believe this. Liam is not my son! I chuckle as I put it all together now. The way my dad treats Liam, how much Liam takes after my dad, the way Elizabeth was while she was pregnant. I feel a hot tear slip down my cheek. When I hear the door open, I quickly wipe the year away. Shane McMahon stands in the doorway "I'm sorry. I know this must be hard." I scoff "You have no idea." Shane steps forward "You need to know something. My sister, your wife, did not have an affair with your father! She absolutely despises him, and she wouldn't do that to you!" I am so uncertain about what to believe. I look up at Shane "I don't want to believe that my father would do something like this. He can't be that awful." Shane sighs "That's for you to decide. Just know that my sister loves you." He walks out of the room, and I am left even more confused then before.