Duty And Family

This Chapter also has some "major" time skips it starts with the rest of  Season 2 episode 10 "Journey to Babel" then a small mention of  Season 2 Episode 12 The Deadly Years , Season 2 Episode 18 The Immunity Syndrome  (I am uncertain how to "read" Stardates so I'm basically going to use one that I find in the https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki about certain episodes like the Deadly Years that have small mentions as well as put the Episode name by the Stardate) and ends with  Season 2 Episode 20 Return To Tomorrow

When Sickbay started to seem overcrowded Anansa leaves and heads to her quarters where she almost runs into Spock who was standing in front of the door seeing the pain in his eyes she hugs him just as their door closes and he hugs her back laying his forehead on her shoulder he doesn't understand how but her scent has always calmed him in ways nothing ever has he does however know that he's grateful she didn't try to tell him to see things from both points of view he knows that she knows that he already is but he's "programmed" himself to be more Vulcan than human and that was the way he'll stay even if SHE begs him not to be.... Anansa returns to Sickbay when Spock is in a manner of speaking forced to begin the blood transfusion he promised he'd do and she stands next to his bed while Bones and Christine start the surgery on his father she gently places her hand on his shoulder when he tries to sit up "I must see the Captain"  he tells her "I'm sure whatever you have to say can be said over the com"  she replies he looks at her with narrowed eyes "oh you think you're frightening now do you!?! I've faced worse than you Commander!"  she teasingly coos he hides a smile "Kirk is smart he'll figure something out you have a new duty to preform and this duty is just as important as all your other duties so preform it just as admirably as you do the others and lay there and relax"  she says as she massages his arm from shoulder to elbow he nods and relaxes and Bones smiles his smile disappears as soon as the ship starts to shake as it's being attacked by the unknown vessel that has been following them and he truly has to concentrate on his work "I'm going to go stand by your mother for she may need me more than you do at the moment"  Anansa tells Spock who nods she slides her knuckles over his as she walks away from him and he hides a smile.... Anansa was grateful that only Spock knew she could share her regenerative ability for she was sure that not only Christine but Amanda would beg (Amanda)/demand (Christine) that she use it to help Bones Bones on the other hand would understand the reason that she would not.... despite all the problems Bones had the surgery was a success and Anansa leaves the room so that the two men could rest "she never did like crowded places"  Spock says as he watches her leave Sarek looks over at him then around the room they were in and sees the doctor and his nurses bustling about and his wife standing by his side then Kirk walk into the room and he begins to understand though it isn't actually crowded the room is quite small so it seems like it's crowded.... a few days later Spock hears Anansa sing a very familiar song but in Vulcan instead of English and his mother chuckling at the words as they sit in the living area of his and Anansa's quarters he rolls his eyes and shakes his head and watches them with a half smile on his face he was glad she was "making fun" of something that he knows once hurt her heart for it in a way rang true for her back then especially since he never allowed his feelings for her to "come to light" and showed much less spoke of them to her like he should have but luckily she was very patient and understanding and willing to wait to see if he would or if he would reject her completely which he doesn't believe he'd have the heart to do "how did you come to learn the lullaby!?"  Amanda asks once Anansa finishes singing "well as you know I suffer from insomnia which actually got worse after I became a member of the Enterprise and though your son doesn't physically show it all the time I could sense that he as well as many others were worried about me.... and grateful I didn't become a irritably bitch because of my lack of sleep as well as have the capability to preform my duties without issue especially since I work in just about every part of this ship when I'm not working with your son.... about 6 months into my life here on the Enterprise I had asked Spock if he would permit himself to tape himself singing me a lullaby and or reading me a bedtime story hoping that would help me sleep I even joked that he could read me one of his reports but he didn't go for that one"  Anansa replies Amanda chuckles "I still have those tapes though I don't need them anymore"  she adds Amanda smiles then asks as she looks around the room "when did all this happen!?"  Anansa replies "after his koon-ut-kal-if-fee I suppose he figured he had more "freedom" to do so since he wasn't bound to that betrothal anymore"  Amanda nods with a smile "a Yeoman's quarters are usually right next to the officer they serve I had asked Kirk if I could use my magic to combine our quarters so that we didn't have to move to a different part of the ship and he gave me permission only because he knew that since I know every nook and cranny of this ship and how it works I would be able to figure out how to do it safely without causing the ship to malfunction in any way I would say half of this living all the way to the bathroom where Spock stands now was once my quarters"  Anansa replies Amanda chuckles "I'm pretty sure Spock has yet to figure out what Sarek approves of"  Anansa says Amanda laughs Spock raises a eyebrow at them though it is true he hasn't figured it out "I do wonder.... do Vulcans even get a second chance at marriage or is the koon-ut-kal-if-fee the only time it happens!? I'm pretty sure your's was a "special case".."  Anansa says Amanda smiles then says "you're quite possibly right it was a wonderful miracle though at times it can be a headache as well"  Anansa smiles then says as she looks at Spock "I bet it can"  Amanda laughs "if I may make a suggestion"  Anansa says Amanda smiles "I'm pretty sure you heard what happened at the koon-ut-kal-if-fee and I'm betting that T'Pau wasn't fooled perhaps because I don't have Vulcan eyebrows or maybe she remembers meeting me when I came to Vulcan the first time she doesn't seem like the type to forget things easily whether they are of merit or not but she may be the one to speak to about "breaking the rules" once more and allowing another Vulcan to marry a non-Vulcan.... if he so wishes he may be my mate but that doesn't precisely mean that we must be married"  Anansa says Amanda raises a eyebrow at her "it seems you've also picked up a few Vulcan traits yourself!"  Anansa teases Amanda chuckles....