His Heart Was Struck By Lightning

"You see, I feel sorrier for you than I do for him because you'll never know the things that love can drive a man to. The ecstasies, the miseries, the broken rules, the desperate chances, the glorious failures, the glorious victories. All of these things you'll never know simply because the word love isn't written into your book."

- McCoy, to Spock in Season 3 episode 19 (which we are skipping) Requiem for Methuselah

Oh but he does Bones he really truly does

this chapter is starting at  Season 3 Episode 21 The Cloud Minders

Anansa beams down to the planet Ardana with Spock and Kirk they look up at the city in the clouds known as Stratos "well at least it isn't a castle!"  Anansa teases Kirk chuckles Spock raises his eyebrow at her "though I must say I wasn't expectin...

Anansa beams down to the planet Ardana with Spock and Kirk they look up at the city in the clouds known as Stratos "well at least it isn't a castle!"  Anansa teases Kirk chuckles Spock raises his eyebrow at her "though I must say I wasn't expecting something that looked so technological perhaps something more brought out of a fantasy"  she says Kirk smiles she looks over at the Mine entrance and her tails twitch in warning she walks slowly towards it then turns and catches the ropes that were tossed in her direction pulling the people who hold them so that they fall to the ground on their knees "now that was quite rude! so unless you want yo be the one tied up you best explain yourself!"  she says "Anansa"  Kirk says as he and Spock walk over to her "I'm sorry Captain but I don't take kindly to being snuck up on"  she replies he smiles and says "that's understandable"  she looks at him and asks  "do you think the High Advisor didn't receive your message or didn't inform them that we were coming!?"  she looks at the people who stand before her and says "though is groups seems rather hostile so perhaps they don't care"  she lassos them so that they are now all tied together and Kirk raises his eyebrow at her as the small group of four miners struggle to get out of their own ropes grip "you didn't watch her footwork did you Captian!? it isn't my fault my hands are quicker than her feet or perhaps she was smart enough to take my words to heart"  Anansa says Kirk looks at her with a curious expression on his face just then three people beam down Anansa turns and says "I believe these four belong to you sir"  she hands the rope to one of the people she figured was a guard and the group still being held by the rope struggle to break free but the guard holds firm to the rope and says "thank you kindly miss"  she bows her head respectfully at him as the only female of the group growls "let us go!"  the bearded man who stood inbetween the two guards that came with him turns his attention to his guests and says "I'm Plasus, High Advisor of the Planet Council"  Kirk replies "Captian Kirk, Enterprise my First Officer Spock and his Yeoman Anansa"  Plasus looks at her curiously "his personal assistant who James likes to steal on a whims notice"  Anansa tells him Kirk smiles "how did you know...!?!"  Plasus asks "foxes have very keen senses"  she replies he smiles then says "my regrets for the unpleasantness of your welcome to Ardana"  she replies "it must happen quite often after all what they mine is quite valuable and they quite possibly know that, the greedy ones must use that to their advantage"  the female pulls on the rope which tightens everytime she does and growls "should I have continued and said "and take more than they deserve"!? and I wouldn't do that one more pull and you'll constrict your airways, you won't die but it will hurt"  Anansa tells her Plasus looks at his guards and says "place them within the Rostrum and find the Zenite Consignment"  the guards leave one going one way the other taking his prisoners to a holding cell up in the city in the sky "meanwhile, Captian, I would suggest that you, First Officer Spock and Yeoman Anansa be our guests on Stratos"  Plasus says waving his hand towards the platform they all had beamed down on when they came to the planets surface "I'm going to go help find the Consignment"  Anansa says softly looking at Spock who she knows is going to disagree with her "suggestion" "I would rather you came with us"  Spock replies she nods there was something about the sadness in her eyes that told him she didn't want to go to the city but she was given a order while on duty so she was going to follow it and he wondered why she didn't want to go as they were talking Kirk says to Plasus "very well I do hope the search will be brief, Mr. Advisor"  and Plasus reply "we'll do everything possible to make it so come, gentleman and lady"....