He's Baaaack!

Anansa, Synnøve and Zakiya stand next to the Turbolift for Synnøve wanted to watch her father Captain the Enterprise for it's training voyage as Kirk and Bones inspect the ship and its crew "what can I say we're spoiled"  Anansa says when she sees Kirk raises a eyebrow at her when he sees them he chuckles Anansa, Synnøve and Zakiya walk into the Turbolift and leave the door open as soon as Bones and Kirk depart from it and Kirk smiles at the sight "very well Mr. Saavik, you may clear all moorings"  they hear Spock say "aye, sir all moorings are clear Captain"  Saavik replies "thank you"  Spock says he turns in his chair and says "Lieutenant?"  Saavik turns in her chair and looks at him "have you ever piloted a starship out of Space Dock?"  he asks "is he.... flirting with her!?!"  Anansa teasingly whispers Kirk holds back his laughter as Saavik replies "never, Sir"  Anansa hears Spock say into her mind with a matter of fact tone "I do not flirt!"  and she holds back a chuckle as she whispers out loud "definitely flirting!"  Spock resists the urge to roll his eyes as Kirk once again hides his laughter Spock looks at Anansa then stands out of his chair and says to Saavik "take her out, Mr. Saavik" Anansa whispers "I think I'm in trouble!"  Kirk hides his laughter Saavik turns the rest of the way in her chair then looks at Kirk then Spock and says "aye, Sir"  she stands up walking past Kirk and Bones as she walks over to the Captain's chair and sits down in it "for everything, there is a first time, Lieutenant"  Spock says he turns his head and asks "don't you agree, Admiral?"  Kirk hums "Mmm-hmm"  Saavik says "Aft Thrusters, Mr. Sulu"  Sulu replies "Aft Thrusters"  Bones looks at Kirk and asks "would you like a tranquilizer?"  Kirk shakes his head no as Saavik says "ahead one quarter Impulse Power"  Sulu repeats "ahead one quarter Impulse Power"  once they were away from the docking bay Sulu says "we are free and clear to navigate"  Saavik asks "course heading, Captain?"  Spock looks at Kirk who says "Captain's discretion"  Spock says "Mr. Sulu, you may indulge yourself"  Sulu who turned in his chair to look at Spock nods with a smile and replies as he turns back towards his console "aye, sir".... a few minutes later while meditating in her quarters Anansa hears Chekhov's voice faintly try to tell her something but all she got was his panic and she could have sworn she heard him say "Khan", "Reliant" and "Genesis"  Spock who was walking past the room she placed in their quarters mainly for meditation watches as her eyes burst open for she tends to have her eyes closed during meditation she says it helps her keep her focus on meditating alone and he has used that to his advantage time and time again breaking her concentration with a kiss that sometimes ended up being more but she always smiled when she felt his lips caress hers but this time was different for he also felt the panic that wasn't hers and yet was familiar he rushes into the room, kneels down in front of her and gently grips her arms  "he survived and is now in command of the Reliant"  she tells him "who!?!"  he asks "Khan"  she replies his eyes widen then he asks "how....!?!"  she replies "Chekhov"  he smiles for he knows it was Chekhov's first time trying to connect with her through his mind and the fact that he got that much out to her made him proud "you know who he wants"  she whispers he looks at her slightly confused then figures out that she means Kirk and he knows to expect some form of trouble and he was right for a few minutes later Kirk asks for permission to enter their quarters for Anansa had placed her usual security on their door as she always does even after the Enterprise is refitted she always seems to find a way to make her form of security lock work Anansa, Synnøve and Zakiya left him to his own meditation and went to go visit their friends who were also off duty when Kirk came to their door so Spock had to either vocally or physically give his ex-Captain who still remains his friend permission which he did Anansa walks into her quarters as Spock tells Kirk "of course, this ship is yours"  and Kirk replies "no, that won't be necessary"  she says as she walks into the room they're in "I don't think he ever wanted the Captaincy anyway and besides it may be good for them to see what it's like to be "ruled" by a different sort of Captain, learn that not all Captain's command their ships the same way after all it isn't like they instantly go from being a Cadet to a Captain as soon as they're done at the Academy"  Kirk chuckles then turns to face her as she says "what is that human saying "don't kick a gift horse in the mouth"!?"  he laughs "was that not the right phrase!?"  she asks "no it was"  he replies he sees the worry in her eyes and asks "what's wrong!?!"  she replies softly "Khan has Chekhov.... and the Reliant"  his eyes widen and he whispers with a shocked tone "Khan!?!"  she nods then says "the connection wasn't clear but I got enough"  he looks at her confused "oh, no, not from Khan I have to be in some form of a way "connected" to a person for them to "connect" with me you know friends, family..... people I actually get along with Chekhov himself tried contacting me I got three words "Khan", "Genesis" and "Reliant" and the feeling of panic and fear it didn't take much to figure out what he was trying to tell me"  she tells him he smiles then says "well now we know why we're being "drawn to" Regula I"  she nods then says "you were a idiot to except the promotion anyway you belong in that chair not to mention you hate being out of it all in all you never should have left it"  Spock says "I concur, commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny anything else is a waste of material"  Kirk replies "I would not presume to debate with the two of you"  Spock says "that is wise"  Anansa smiles as Spock continues "in any case, were I to invoke logic, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"  Kirk adds "or the one"  Spock stands up and walks over to Kirk then says "you are my superior officer you are also my friend I have been and always shall be yours"  Anansa teases "alright you two that's enough flirting! if you'll excuse us Admiral I'd like to spend a few moments with my husband before Star has to return to duty"  Kirk grins Spock starts to open his mouth to once again tell her that he doesn't flirt but doesn't get a chance to as her smiling lips meet his and Kirk leaves them to their few moments of childless peace to do whatever it is they wish together....