Swimming In Aquan Infested Waters

This Chapter has a "major" time skip it starts with the end of  Season 1 Episode 13 The Ambergris Element  it has a tiny mention of  Season 1 Episode 15 The Eye of the Beholder, a minor mention of  Season 2 Episode 1 The Pirates of Orion, a tiny mention of  Season 2 Episode 3 The Practical Joker and the last episode of the Animated Series  Season 2 Episode 6 The Counter-Clock Incident

Anansa explained to Bones that even though she followed Spock and Kirk down into the water when the creature took the shuttle she lost the creature who was a much faster than she is and knows the "terrain" better "don't blame yourself for this besides if it wasn't for you it probably would have taken us days to find them and you found them in a matter of hours"  Bones tells her then he goes into the room where Kirk and Spock are "standing" inside a aquarium Anansa helped him and Scotty build for them Anansa walks into the room when Bones says "medical examinations show and unidentified substance in the bloodstream has affected their entire metabolism and changed them into water-breathers their internal structure is completely transformed, and even their eyes are covered with a transparent film like the second eyelid of a fish so far all efforts to return them to normal have failed we're stumped, Jim the hormone seems to be the major factor in your mutation, but we just can't identify it"  Kirk replies "are you sure the mutation wasn't somehow accomplished naturally?"  Bones says "it was infused into your bodies at key structural points it had to be done by injection"  the men in the room turn to look at Anansa as she says "whatever whoever did saved your life and the creatures of this particular sea as well as it's many other mysteries are unknown to us so no he wouldn't have any idea how to cure you for whatever was used must be from this planet"  Bone says "whatever was done to you is highly sophisticated"  Spock replies "that implies there are intelligent life forms on Argo"  Bones says "the sensors don't indicate any life forms down there, aside from fish"  Anansa says "did you ever think that the people who lived on the land may have also been transformed at one point!? so perhaps you should be looking for fish"  Spock raises his eyebrow at her "the sensors didn't know about our Loch Ness Monster"  she points out "this is true though perhaps the readings are incomplete, blocked by underwater pressure forces oceans are less turbulent at greater depth such conditions would be more suitable to intelligent forms"  Spock says "that is true and I'm betting the Captain would like to explore those greater depths"  she replies Kirk grins as Bones says "it's too risky Argo's almost totally unexplored they'd be out of contact range, unarmed"  she replies "what is it you humans say "what is life without a little risk"!? and if you recall Bones I am telepathically linked to Spock and even though we are not linked I can still speak with Kirk telepathically if need be so if they or we need to inform one or the other of anything it can go through me so having me around would be like having your own sonar, besides the tank is too confining and they'd both hate living in there for too long especially since you wouldn't let me decorate it!"  Kirk chuckles then says "I can't command a ship from inside an aquarium, right now we have only two choices live in an aquarium somewhere for the rest of our lives or stay on Argo I won't accept either one of them an intelligence that can produce this kind of mutation can change us back we've got to find it, Bones it must be there"  Bones looks at Spock who was reaching for Anansa with sad lonely eyes so he knew Spock was going to go with Kirk so at least he wouldn't be alone and would hopefully have a better chance of survival because of it so he gives in and the 5 of them head for the surface then Spock and Kirk swim into the ocean while Scotty, Anansa and a few other officers wait in a speed boat known as a scouter-gig on the surface of the water for them to return Spock of course gave Anansa a farewell kiss that promised he would return to her and not let her go to her "other choices" before diving into the water and the last thing he saw before he reached the water was her smile which made him very happy.... while dealing with the Aquans Spock hears Anansa say into his mind "there's a Sea Quake heading your way within the next four hours and according to Bones the sensors say it's a "bad one" with complete topography changes"  and he warns the Aquans of it but since he is a air-breather they do not believe him and send him and Kirk to the surface and net them onto the rocks.... sensing that Spock and Kirk are once again in danger Anansa starts the boat and speeds towards where she sensed that they are she finds a beautiful green skinned sea-being trying to pull a net off them and stops the boat then jumps off help her "and here I thought females were suppose to be the damsels in distress and the males the white knight!"  Anansa teases Kirk chocks out a chuckle as she and the seawoman help him and Spock back into the water and Kirk introduces Anansa to the seawoman named Rila and knowing that the Vulcan she loves was not believed when he told Rila and her people about the Sea Quake Anansa tells her herself "there are legends of such a happening it destroyed the ancient knowledge and caused the great surface places to sink into the sea"  Spock says unphased/unaffected by the fact he was not believed when he told her and her people "that suggests your race evolved from its ancient enemies"  Rila replies "we did not evolve, Mr. Spock when the surface places began to sink, many air-breathers were mutated through Surgo-op, just as you were as the centuries passed, the mutations became hereditary"  Kirk says "strange that such a highly developed race would be violent"  Spock replies "apparently they were exposed to a frightening geological disaster such hardship induces savagery and violence"  Anansa adds "people also fear things they do not understand and people who do not look like them"  Rila says "they hunted and killed us we feared they would contaminate us with their violence that is also why it is forbidden to mutate back to surface forms"  Kirk says "then reverse mutation is possible"  Rila replies "there are legends of sealed places in the sunken ruins where many knowledge records of it are kept"  Anansa asks as the first quake is felt "can you take Spock and James there!? or at least get them close to where it is and we could go the rest of the way on their own"  Rila seems to become afraid and replies  "I cannot take you to the ruins it is against ordainments"  Kirk tells her "it's important, Rila not just for us the population of another planet is threatened by surface changes, too Argo's ancient knowledge can help save them"  Rila seems to recall the last part of what Anansa said and says "yes I will take you as far as the reef barrier"  Anansa slides her fingers over Spock's he looks at her and kisses her lips then follows Rila and Kirk to the reef barrier and Anansa swims back up to the boat and Scotty helps her back onto it....