Chapter Twenty

It's been a month, still nothing. Should I care? I have a feeling Matthew did something with her and he's not telling me. Did he kill her or did she really just left and decided that she wouldn't come back?

I've been at the bar looking for her but I came up nothing. Not to mention I saw her as a missing person on the news. They're looking for her, and so am I.

"What are you thinking?" Matthew asks.

"Regina."

"I'm sure she'll come back."

"Did you hurt her?" My nails picked at the arm of the sofa. It's become a habit.

"No." He tersely answers. He's lying.

"Where is she, Matthew?"

He exhaled heavily and set his own down. We're in therapy again. His daily questions has turned into hours of silence. I know he's hiding something.

"I'm sure she'll turn up."

"You've been saying that for the past month."

"Cause that's all I could give you."

"And what about the tests? You haven't tested me in a month either."

He exhaled heavily. "First of all stop doing that to my chair and secondly...you're healed. Bravo."

I stop. Matthew stood up from his chair and I got up as well. "What do you mean healed?"

"Back off Mark. I said what I said." He mumbles. Matthew began making his way out of the room and I grabbed him by his shoulder, spinning him around. When he faced me...I punched him.

I'm angry. He's beating around the bush, he's deflecting me and lying. Matthew fell to the ground and I got on top of him, punching him again.

"Where is she!? Where the hell is she!?"

I've felt this before. This type of rage mixed in with fear. It was after Kathy. He killed her, I'm sure he did, but he didn't tell me that. I know he did, he had to.

And Sabrina. Now Regina. No, he can't do this to me. I can't go through this again.

"Matthew please, why do you always do this to me?" My head hurt and my eyes blurred from tears. He exhaled and shoved me off of him.

"Goodness. You've done this Mark, you scared her away."

"Where is she?!"

"She's gone, you scared her away. But maybe she'll show up."

"No. No I didn't. You know exactly where she is. Since you don't want to tell me, I'll make you tell me." I took my shirt off and tossed it to the side. I undid my pants and pulled him by his ankle.

"What are you doing?"

I got between his legs and he immediately panicked. "No. No! She's here! She's here! In the play room."

The play room? His answer shocked me for a moment. The play room, of all places in this house. No wonder he stopped testing.

The play room. I got up and left the room. I know how my brother is when it comes to touch. He loathes it. But...why'd he lie about her being home? Better yet...why the play room?

__

I laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I have no idea how long it's been, but it feels like an eternity. When I woke up, I was in this room, strapped to a bed by cuffs. Matthew of course was there when I had woken up.

He fed me, made sure to put me to sleep before he took me out to shower. He never mentioned Mark though. However, I found out his secret. Matthew that is.

Aside from me knowing he was a fake, I know what it is he likes. He likes to see people in pain, he likes to inflict pain and to be in power.

And being in this room made me realize that. For however long I've been here he's been sexually abusing me. Flogging, edging, spanking. His favorite is edging. It gives him power. He likes to be in charge.

"You know what, Regina, you're smart. Very smart. I was having a crisis after you touched me...I...I had to put you in your place. That's all this is."

"You like this Matt...soon you'll be touching me."

And he did. His simple edging turned to him kissing me as I pleaded for him to let me relieve myself. He's not a healer of anything. He can't cure no one. Not even himself.

I didn't try moving, my limbs were already so numb. I learned to accept it though, this thing that's happening to me. I closed my eyes, sniffling as I thought about Austin. He was a creep, but at least he cared.

The door opened and I prepared myself for another round of pain and pleasure. In ways I like and dislike.

Matthew stood to the side of the bed, looking down at me. Actually, I thought it was Matthew at first, but I knew it wasn't when I really got a look at his expression. Confusion, shock. His hair is down too.

It's Mark.

"Mark." He didn't seem to hear me because he kept staring. I noticed his fists balled and he huffed. "M-Mark?" I think it's the bruises. He looked away, gazing around. I watched him and Mark took the keys Matthew had resting on the room's bedside table.

In silence, Mark undid my cuffs one by one. His silence scared me. Mark sat on the bed still awestruck about this. Why is he acting this way anyway? It's strange to not be treated by sex by him.

The silence is fine.

I sat up, wincing in pain. My body aches. Matthew would only give me a three day recovery time before continuing. This is day two of that.

I glanced at my wrists and they're in terrible shape. Dried blood and they're bruised purple and red. I shifted close to him, realizing he's only in his underwear. 

I set my hand in his shoulder but he didn't move. "Mark? Hey?" I touched his face, making him face me. "Are you okay?" Why am I asking him this? His grey eyes scanned my face. He looks...saddened.

"What did he do to you?"

"What he likes to. Hurt me."

~

Charll