Chapter Four- Mines of Moria

We ventured depper into the Mountains.
"Their is a fell voice in the air" said Legolas whilst looking up ahead of us.
"It's Saruman!" cried Gandalf.

The wind grew stronger, a blizzard was beginning to form.
Big rocks of ice and snow came crashing down on our path.
"He's trying to bring down the Mountain!" shouted Aragorn.
A clash of lightning hit the top of the Mountain above us, causing part of our path to crack and begin to collapse.
My foot slipped slightly and i felt like i would fall.
An arm caught me in time. I looked up and it was Legolas.
"Thank you" I said in disbelief. We were only a day or two in and i could have died already. I was embarrassed.

"We must go to Rohan!" yelled Boromir through the sound of the wind.

"We should go under the Mountain, take the mines of Moria!" shouted Gimli.

Gandalf looked concerned once again, like he knew the mines was a terrible idea.

"let the Ring barer, decide" he said finally after a long pause.

"Frodo?" said Boromir
"We will go through the Mines" he said at last.

We walked further before we reached the walls.
"The walls of Moria" said Gimli, pointing at the huge structure that laid before us.
We started searching for a door.
Gimli tried tapping the stone with his axe, tried to break it by force.
There was a lake, before the door.
I felt cold and dark.
"Legolas" i whispered, "I feel the air grow cold, i fear we are not alone" i told him quietly, trying not to alarm the others.
"I feel it too, Alena" he said whilst looking out into the dark waters.
The moonlight came and shone upon the stone, lighting up the entrance.
"It reads, Doors of Durin, Lords of Moria, Speak friend, and enter" said Gandalf pointing to each word with his staff.
" What do you suppose that means?" said Merry in confusion, staring upon the door.
"You must speak the password of the doors"
Gandalf began speaking all sorts of words and spells, pushing against the doors. Nothing was working, they were firmly shut.

I stared at the water with narrow eyes, i could sense danger was close by.

Merry started throwing rocks into the still waters.
Everyone seemed to have sat down, given up.
Pippin joined in, they both continued to throw stones into the water.
"Enough" I said , after they started getting on my nerves.
"It's a riddle" said Frodo, getting up and staring at the scripture.

Frodo walked towards me and sat next to me, trying to figure out what the rhunes said.
I felt a cold breeze and some kind of pull.
"Alena", a raspy voice whispered.
I looked around in confusion.
"jiak ukee lat", a dark voice whispered.
Frodo looked at me, i looked down at his chest.
The ring.
"Come avo alnej", it continued.
The black speech of Mordor.
"Thrak alnej avhe raumn agh kulknej liwo rule", it whispered.
I shook my head and closed my eyes, i promised i would protect Frodo, i cannot let it take over me.
"Alena?", i heard Aragorn say, everything was blurry.
"Alena!", he shook me.
I looked up in shock, panting out of breath.
"Alena, what happend?", Aragorn asked in confusion.
"He knows who i am", i said out of breath.
"What, Who?", Legolas asked, running over to me.
"The dark lord, he wanted me to take the ring from Frodo", i said in shock.
Legolas crouched next to me and held my in his arms.
"The ring grows stronger whilst the light of the Evenstar fades", Gandalf said slowly.
Everyone's heads turned to look at Gandalf.
"Sauron wants Alena to take the ring to him, He thinks he can use her to take over Rivendell, Mirkwood, even the Shire, he wants to use her connections to his advantage", Gandalf said worriedly.
"You must resist, Alena", Legolas said softly, caressing the side of my arm.

I got up and calmed myself, i now felt a lot better, like the shadows had dispersed immediately.

Merry and Pippin continued to throw things into the water.
The water began to move.
"Do not disturb the still water" I warned the pair.
"Speak friend, and enter" said Frodo, still gazed upon the doors.