Chapter Fourteen- Battle of Helm's Deep pt1

I got off my horse and gave it to a horseman, Legolas looked at me angrily.
"Why did you do that", he asked with furrowed eyebrows.
"I needed to get out", i tried to walk away,
"You were nearly killed!", he shouted whilst grabbing my arm.
I jumped slightly at his sudden anger, i had never seen him this angry before.
"I wasn't though, i killed the lot. Just the two had caught up to me, they must have followed us back from the valley", i said trying to defend myself.
"You were stupid. You know these lands crawl with Orcs", Legolas looked furious, "I.. I'm sorry", i tried to let out but i felt my eyes fill up again.
I walked away, up the stone steps towards the hall.
"Alena!, Don't walk away from me", he yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I ran up and followed me into the hall.
" What made you do this", he questioned, still raising his voice a little.
"Boromir's death, Aragorn's death, You questioning me about sending Eowyn away, Leaving me and walking away as we arrived, since Rohan you've changed.", i panted heavily after my long rant.
Legolas's face dropped and he looked down.
"I left and you didn't care, you were too busy teaching her how to fight, placing your hands on her shoulders, you didn't even realise i was gone", i took a small moment to pause and catch my breath, "That is why i left, i figured if i was gone for half an hour another hour wouldn't matter". I said finally finished.
I sat down, tired after my rant, he did the same.
"What are you implying", he asked, his voice sounding softer. "I don't think you love me anymore", i said, looking down at the ground.
Legolas placed his hand on my thigh, "Of course i do, Alena. There is no one else", he said whilst lifting my chin up with his fingers. "Eowyn is just a friend, you know that right?", he asked slightly laughing.
"I wanted to think that but everything lately has made me think otherwise", i replied.
"Meleth nîn, do you remember what i told you in Rohan?", he asked, picking up my hand and placing it on his chest.
I felt his heart beating fast and strong, i smiled.
"It beats for you, Alena. You are the only elf for me", he said honestly. I smiled a little seeing his efforts.
"I am sorry for how i hurt you, i was angry and sad, a mixture of emotions after Aragorn's fall earlier", he paused, "I shouldn't have turned that to you", he said, his eyes filled with sorrow.
"I forgive you, Legolas", i said whilst moving my hand to his shoulder.
He looked up at me, "Elves don't cheat, Alena. We love once. It is unlike for our kind to do that", he said honestly. I leaned in placing my hand round the back of his head and planted a long, passionate kiss onto his lips. He moved his hand to my waist, the other to the side of my face. I lay in his arms, he cradled me slowly and stroked my hair gently.

~

The next day we woke up and dressed. I wore my deep, navy bluetunic and brown boots with the fellowship cloak over the top.
"Raise the gate!", Gimli cried. I looked down and saw a horse galloping towards the gate.
We ran down to the courtyard, "Where is he! i'm gunna kill him!", Gimli yelled, pushing through crowds of people.
"You are alive", Gimli said, hugging him and patting his back.
They walked to the hall, "Aragorn", i said softly, hugging him tightly.
"Ab dullên", he said with furrowed eyebrows.
"You look terrible", Legolas joked.
Aragorn laughed.
I noticed Eowyn out of the corner of my eye, she stared in disbelief of Aragorn's return.
Legolas handed him the Evenstar necklace and smiled. "Hannon le, mellon nîn", Aragorn was beyond grateful.

We walked through the paths and out of the halls, "Aragorn, you need to rest", Legolas demanded whilst speeding up to catch him.
"You are no use to us half alive", i said jokingly.
"Aragorn!", it was Eowyn, she came running down shouting.
"I am to be sent to the caves with the women and children. Please let me fight by your side", she pleaded.
"It is not in my power to command", he said whilst turning around. Aragorn was blind, he could not see Eowyn's attempt at telling him her feelings for him.
Legolas and i turned around to see what the hold up was,  "I'm sorry", Eowyn said whilst pushing past Legolas and I and walking away.

The villagers were getting their armour ready and sharpening their weapons.
I put on my sheath and made it was securely fastened before placing my sword in it.
It is an elvish blade, so it rarely needed sharpening.
I made sure i had enough daggers, knives and arrows before fastening my long boots.
"Alena", Legolas started, i turned around. "You left this in your room", He held out his hand. It was my necklace. He turned to face my back and moved my hair, slowly planting kisses down my neck and shoulders. He put the chain over my head and fastened the clip at the back, rubbing my shoulders after. "Thank you", i laughed as he continued to massage my shoulder blades. They're were sore from all the fighting, so i appreciated his gesture.
"Your welcome", he said softly.

I heard a conversation a few metres from us.
"I wish i had something like that", It was Eowyn, she was talking to Gimli.
"The beauty of elvish love is so magical to watch", she continued looking down at Gimli.
"Um, Yes. It is", Gimli said sounding unsure how to answer.

"Look at them, they are frightened. I can see it in their eyes", Legolas said to Aragorn and Gimli.
"And they should be, three- hundred, against ten- thousand!", i grab Legolas, pulling him back slightly.
His voice was considerably louder and he was getting angry.
"Control your elf prince", Gimli whispered to me.
"Aragorn, men i ndagor. Hŷn ú ortheri", Legolas said to Aragorn, "Natha daged aen!", Legolas shouted. I pulled his arm but he broke free.
"Then i shall die as one of them!", Aragorn yelled. Everything stopped and went silent. Everyone had clearly heard. He walked away to prepare for battle.
"Let him go lad", Gimli, said holding him back from following. "Leave hon, ho will tul- os- nin mel", i said softly, holding his cheek and turning it towards me.
He kissed me softly before resting his head against mine and closed his eyes.
"Ha will n- okaui".

Aragorn put on his waistcoat, chainmail and belts.
I put on Legolas's quiver and put arrows in it for him.
We walked up to Aragorn and handed him his sword.
"We have trusted you this far, you have not led us astray", he said smiling at Aragorn.
"Forgive me, I was wrong to despair",
"There is nothing to forgive, Legolas", Aragorn said whilst placing his hand to his chest. Legolas did the same.
Gimli came and stood with us, struggling to put his chainmail on. Suddenly it dropped and fell right over his legs.
"It's a little tight across the chest", he laughed.
We all smiled and laughed together.

A horn began to ring. "That is no Orc horn", i questioned. We ran to the gates.
"Open the gates!", a guard yelled.
It was the elves of Lorien.
They marched in unison and made their way through to meet the King.
He turned to face Theoden, "Long ago we fought, and died together. We have come to honour that allegiance.", he said looking up smiling to see me at the top of the stairs.
I looked down to see Haldir and many other familiar faces. I ran down the steps. "Haldir!", i yelled.
He turned to look at me and smiled.
I ran and hugged him tight. "Brennil nîn, Alena", he said smiling.
"You are most welcome", Aragorn said, placing his hand to his chest before giving him an unexpected hug.
Haldir turned to face Legolas and the army did the same. Legolas was the prince of one of the three eleven realms, it was a sign of respect which i always loved about the elves.
"We will fight along side men once more", Haldir continued.

We assembled on the top of Helm's Deep. It was cold and began to pour with rain.
I stood next to Legolas and Gimli with the elves and Aragorn led nearer the centre.
I looked ahead, there was thousands and thousands of Orc marching towards us with fire and big weapons.
You could hear the sounds of their march from all the way where we stood.
Legolas looked at me and then to Aragorn, clearly worried.
A big Orc stood on top of a rock and roared loudly, pointing his knife in the air. All the Orc stopped and stood still.
I looked around and saw just how many there really were.
They began to stomp their spears on the ground and march on the spot. They roared and growled, hungry to begin the battle.
The battle of Helm's Deep was about to begin.