Chapter Fourty- Distress

The next day i woke up and Legolas was already gone. I assumed he had gone early to training so got ready to go find him and eat.
I ate breakfast with Thranduil and we spoke to ages about different things to do with becoming Queen and the coronation.

After eating i wandered through the forest looking for Legolas. I found the elves training but did not see Legolas among them, "Elós", i called out. "Yes, my lady?", he asked placing his sword back into his sheath. "Have you seen Legolas?", i asked curiously scanning the others faces. "No, my lady. He did not turn up this morning", he replied.
I furrowed my eyebrows and thanked Elós before walking back inside to the halls. I continued to search for him but could not find him anywhere.
I came across a closed door that i had not checked so entered slowly opening the door.
Tauriel was sat on Legolas's leg and they were kissing.
"Oh my god, oh my god!", i cried, breathlessly. My heart pounded seeing them together. Tauriel let go and looked over at me in shock, getting up and standing behind Legolas. "What is this, What is this?", i said with pain in my voice, still holding the doorknob. Legolas looked at me in shock, his face expression blank and his eyes full of water. I closed my eyes firmly, unable to see them, full of disbelief.
"Just when my belly is doing it's business i find you wenching with your mistress!", i cried as i slammed the door. Legolas got up and walked towards me, he held my arms, "No, let go", i said as i pulled away and put my hands on the table. "Tauriel it is best you leave", Legolas shouted. "Why are you doing this, why did you have to do this?", i cried through sniffles. "Why do you have to do this!", i cried whilst hitting his arm with my fist, "Ah, No!", i said in pain whilst holding my stomach. "Alena please", Legolas said with open arms, walking closer to me. "No, No No No!", i said with pain as i back away from him. "Alena stop", Legolas said as he grabbed hold of me from behind and held my stomach. "Shhh", he said into my ear. "No", i said weakly, crying.
I struggled in his arms and whined in pain feeling my body ache. "Stop it, you don't know how it was", Legolas said defensively. I calmed down and continued to cry silently in his arms.
I held the side of his face , my back against him, him still holding me in his arms. "Sweetheart, Tauriel came into me i promise", he said softly. I breathed in and out trying to stay calm, "You did not pull away", i said through breaths. "My dear it was not like that", he assured me.
I pulled away and walked to the door before looking back, my body aching and my stomach in so much pain. "Do not speak to me, it is best as of now that you allow me to care for your child that i am carrying", i said as i pointed at him. I opened the door and slammed it shut leaving him there alone.
The guards exchanged looks of worry before bowing their heads, "My lady", they said in unison.

I walked down the halls and past the King's quarters before a voice called for me, "My dear?", he said. I stopped my pace and turned my head to look at the King who's face was full of worry. "My lord", i said through sniffs. He got up and walked slowly in front of me and lifted my chin with his fingertips. "What on middle earth is wrong my child?", he asked with worried eyes. I couldnt help it, i broke down crying and collapsed into his arms as he held me close and stroked down my hair. Part of me wanted to tell him about what happend but part of me didn't want Legolas to get in trouble (even though he deserve it right now). I knew how harsh Thranduil could be so wanted to try avoid that.

"Nothing is wrong", i lord through more sniffs.
"Do not lie to me, Alena", he said with raised eyebrows. "Tell me now", he said whilst helping me walk to a sofa. We sat next to each other and he held my hands and listened closely. "I went looking for Legolas and entered a room where i saw him-", i paused holding in cries. "Tauriel was on his knee and they were kissing", i said whilst my voice broke and shook. Thranduil's face changed to a face of anger and shock. He brought me closer to a warm embrace and brushed down my long hair. "I never liked her, i did not approve of her", he said sternly.
"Ah-", i cried softly, holding my stomach. My belly was in pain and my back was beginning to ache more than usual. "My dear girl", Thranduil said caringly. He let go of my hands and brushed my hair out of my face. "You did not deserve this, you are carrying the prince's child for god sake!", Thranduil said in anger. He clenched his fists, "What on earth is wrong with him!", He said now shouting. He slammed his hand down onto the table beside us causing the books and goblets to fall . The two guards bowed their heads and walked away in a hurry, clearly worried about the King's rath. I wiped my tears with my sleeve before getting up and curtsying to the King and walking away.

I walked down the hallways picking up my gown either side by my hands and hurrying. I heard Legolas's voice calling my name, following me down the corridor. "Alena!", he yelled angrily. I continued to walk down the hallway towards my private chambers, "Alena turn around!", he yelled. He caught up to me and grabbed my wrist turning me around. "I'm sorry", he whispered, his face inches from mine. I looked up at him with tearful eyes, "How could you do that to me", i cried. He stared at me blankly. "Don't you know i love you a thousand times more than that, that- Silvan elf!", i spat. "She has nothing, she does not love you like i do!", i cried, my voice breaking. "Alena-", his voice broke. "Leave me be", i said whilst backing away and walking away, wiping my eyes with my sleeve as i walked off. "Alena!", he called out, "Alena!", he yelled angrily.

I went to my room and slammed the door behind me, crumbling on top of my bed and sobbing into my pillow. I just found out i was expecting his child, something he has dreamt of for years and then he does this.