Chapter Twenty Six- A Royal Wedding pt1

It was the day. I woke up and threw on a white robe before a dozen elves arrived at my door to get me ready.
I opened the door for them and stood there confused as to why they were just standing there, not coming in.
I opened the door further, "You may come in", i said softly, slightly laughing.
"My dear girl, Alena", a voice said from behind the gathering of elves.
I looked back confused before the last of the elves turned and moved to let someone through.
It was Lady Galdriel.
"Grandmother!", i said whilst hugging her tightly.
She stroked my hair and smiled, cupping my face in her hands and planting a soft kiss on my forehead.
"I am here in place of your mother, i will help you prepare for this special day", she said softly whilst entering my room.
"Are you nervous at all, Meleth?", she asked before running the bath and pouring in oils and herbs.
"Get in", she signaled.
I stepped into the bath and laid back, the oils relaxed me and soother my muscles.
"I am a bit nervous, i have to walk in front of everyone", i said quietly, running a piece of hair round my finger, wrapping it round and letting it drop.
"Why, you will look beautiful. Legolas wont be able to stop staring at you", she joked, rubbing my back with soap.
"Are you nervous about the evening?", she asked whilst pouring a jug of water onto my hair.
I turned to face her in the bath, "What about the evening?", i questioned, slightly confused.
"Well, you know, confirmation of the marriage", she smirked with raised eyebrows.
"What?", i said, my voice suddenly higher than before.
"You mean we have to bind our souls immediately? Just after we have married?", i said in shock, realising tonight would be the night i had dreamt of as a child but also feared the most.
"It is a beautiful experience, something you will remember for all eternity, my dear", she said whilst rubbing my shoulder, massaging them gently.
I began to worry, Legolas would see me like i was now in a few hours and it made me worry.
"Do not worry my dear, you will be beautiful. I will help you prepare for it", She said softly, brushing a strand of hair out of my face and continuing to wash my hair.

She helped me out the bath and waved her hand at the seamstresses.
They rushed over with a white and gold blanket.
"Your dress, My dear", Lady Galadriel said whilst opening up the blanket covers to reveal the dress.
I gasped out loud at how beautiful it was.
"I wanted you to have my own, I gave it to your mother to wear but it was lost, we ordered for it to be found but it seems to be lost forever", she sighed and frowned.
"But King Thranduil has made one for you. He also has a gift he would like to give you after this", She said whilst lifting up the dress and showing it to me.

 He also has a gift he would like to give you after this", She said whilst lifting up the dress and showing it to me

She helped me put my dress on and fastened it at the back

I left my hair natural, normally i out little braids in it or do something extra because hair was very important in elvish culture but i thought that for my special day i would have it natural.
"Here", Galdriel said whilst opening a velvet covered box and placing a silver and diamond diadem on my head.
She smiled down at me, "You look beautiful".
I saw a tear drop from her eye, "What's wrong", i said softly, holding her arm.
"I'm fine, i just remember doing this for your mother, you look so much like her", She said still smiling.
"Thank you for everything", i said whilst leaning in to hug her.
"It's okay sweet child. Go to the King, he has a gift for you", she said whilst ushering me out of the room.
I heard Galadriel tell the elves to prepare some things but i didn't quite hear what as the door was shut on me.
They must have whispered it extremely quietly because i have excellent hearing, most of the time.

I walked down to King Thranduil's quarters with a white fur cloak wrapped over me so no one could see my dress.
The guards let me in and i entered, bowing low to the King.
"My sweet girl!", Thranduil got up from his throne and walked over with open arms.
He hugged me and held the back of my head.
"The Lady Galadriel said you wished to see me, My lord", i said politely.
"Yes, i do. I want to give you something very special to me, i think Legolas would love to see you wear it".
A guard came over with a brown chest and opened it to reveal a chest full of tiny gemstones and diamonds that lay under a beautiful silver and diamond necklace.
I gasped looking at the necklace.
"The white gems of Lasgalen", Thranduil said in awe, staring at the necklace deeply.

"They belonged to the Queen, Legolas's mother", he said whilst picking up the necklace and holding it in front of me so the light caught the gems

It glistened beautifully.
"It is beautiful", i said softly, still in awe at the gift.
"Let me put it on for you", Thranduil said as he walked behind me.
I lifted my hair to one side and he put it round my neck and fastened it at the back.
He walked back round to face me and stared at it with a smile.
"It looks lovely on you", he said, admiring it.
"Thank you, My lord. This gift is beautiful and is so kind", I bowed down to him.
I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his torso, he held the back of my head and stroked my hair slowly. His smell was very similar to Legolas's, he had the same woodsy scent and it made me miss him.
"You must finish getting ready, guests will be arriving soon", Thranduil said whilst putting his arm across his chest and bowing his head.

I made my way to the halls where people were gathering and stood next to Galadriel.
"Of course", she said whilst looking at my neck and chest.
"What?", i questioned, slightly confused.
"The White gems of Lasgalen", she said whilst looking at them in awe.
"Yes, the King very kindly has given them to me", I said quietly.
"The last thing he has left of his wife", she said sounding quite sad.
I frowned and thought about how Legolas would react if he saw me wearing it.
A horn suddenly rang and the doors opened.
Guests were arriving.