Chapter Thirty Seven- An unexpected message

I slowly woke up and felt my face on soft, warm skin.
I was face to face on his smooth chest. I looked up and i saw Legolas's sleeping face . I gently kissed his chest and leaned up and kissed his cheek before he woke up. "Mel nîn, how come you are awake already?", he groaned in his morning voice, whilst stretching his arms. I shrugged and threw the bedsheet over as he sat up.
I got up and winced in pain, attempting to walk to the bathroom before falling into a pillar. Legolas quickly got up and held my arm, helping me walk to the bathroom, laughing to himself.
"Stop", i shoved him lightly. He continued to smirk.
"You did this", i said quietly tying my hair onto my head. "I know", he chuckled.

I got into the bath and soaked in the warm water, letting my muscles relax.
Legolas came back with a cloth and cleaned between my thighs and helped wash my back.
He rubbed up and down my back, scratching it how he knew i liked.
"Thank you", i sighed as i wriggled further into the bath.
He smiled and kissed the top of my head before getting up to take off his sleep trousers.
I looked up and him confused before he came and entered the bath with me.
I shuffled to give him space before he moved to lay behind me.
He held my shoulders and gently pushed me back to lay between his legs. I hesitatantly did so and he wrapped his arms round my torso, running them up and down my thighs.
"I love this", i said happily.
He laughed and placed a gentle kiss on my shoulder blade.

~

After eating, we were called to meet with Thranduil, he said he had some important things he needed to tell us.
We walked to his throne room and entered. "My lord", i said whilst bowing my head slowly.
"Thank you both for coming", he said seriously, pouring a couple goblets of wine. I politely declined but sat at the table opposite Thranduil. "I have called you to discuss something rather serious", he said coldly. "What is it, Ada?", Legolas said with furrowed eyebrows. "I am getting very old, as you will know. Perhaps too old for this anymore", he said before sipping his wine. "But Ada, age as an elf does not matter?", Legolas said sounding confused. "I believe it is only a matter of time before i take my leave of Middle Earth and join my kin in Valinor", he said slowly. Legolas's face dropped and he held his head down. I slowly put my hand on his thigh and smiled at him making him look up again.
"What does that mean?", i asked.
"It means, my daughter, that you both shall rule Eryn Galen when i choose to depart", he said with a smile. I blinked and paused to process what had been said.
"I believe you are both of age and maturity to do so, otherwise i would not be telling you this", he said .
"But when do you leave?", Legolas said quickly. "Do not worry, I am not leaving in any hurry. I would still love to watch your family grow and see over you, however ruling this king is very tiring and i would like to see your time to rule", Thranduil said honestly.
"Thank you, Ada", Legolas said boeing his head.
I bowed my head as well before leaving to go to the forest for a walk with Legolas.

We walked slowly through the beautiful forests of Mirkwood, admiring the beauty of our home.
I interlocked our hands and  walked in silence for some time before asking the question that was lingering in both of our heads, "Are you ready to be King, sweetheart?", i asked softly.
Legolas paused and stood still looking at the trees.
I stopped and held his arm, "I do not know how to rule", he said finally. "Mime melin, Lala erma mana happens, ni indóme always n- símen ana help tye ter- anything", i said with a smile.
He smiled and i slowly leaned up and kissed his lips.
"You were born for this, Legolas. You will learn as you go", I said comfortingly.
"I don't deserve you", he said quietly, staring into my eyes. "Well i am yours", i said softly, looking from his eyes to his lips, gently caressing his face with the back of my fingers.

He held me in his arms for a long while before walked back to the King's quarters.