Chapter Thirty Four- Fight

Legolas ran to me and knelt down, his nose dripping with blood and the side of his face slightly bruised.
I was slightly shocked, he rarely got injured, especially just against another prince.
"Meleth nîn", he said with sad eyes.
He brushed his hand down my face and held me in his arms whilst kissing the top of my head.
"I am so sorry, i should not have left you", he said quietly, pain in his voice.
"It is not your fault, Legolas", i said shakily.
He held my face and pressed his forehead against mine, his eyes closing as he did so.

"You are hurt", i said softly, brushing my fingertips over the side of his temple.
"It's just a scratch, nothing to worry about", he smiled.
"Let's go back to our room", he said whilst holding my arm to help me there.
I flinched slightly at his touch making his face sadden, his eyes looked full of sadness and guilt.

We said goodnight to everyone and apologised for the short party, everyone understanding of course.
Legolas walked me to my room carefully and lay me down on the bed next to him.
I got up and walked to the bathroom and wet a soft linen cloth and brought it back to the bed.
He was laying on his side, propped up on his elbow.

I brushed the hair behind Legolas's shoulder and gently pressed the cloth onto his temple.
"Stop", he whined, laughing softly.
"I will not leave you like this", i joked, patting the cloth over his bruise.
"I don't want you seeing me like this", he said defensively.
"Why not?", i questioned, having seen him through much worse times.
"Because, i just don't", he said argumentatively.
"I want to help you", i said as he turned his head away from the cloth.
"But i look like a child! i look weak, like i cannot help myself", he said angrily.
"You protected me, if you hadn't intervened, he could have done much worse", i said shakily, remembering the things that happend.
His jaw clenched and his eyes filled with anger.

I gently took off his tunic and threw it on the floor, running my hands up his bare back and over his shoulder, kissing his shoulder blade.
His head turned to face me, still looking at me from behind his shoulder.
I got up and changed into a night gown and laid next to him.
He put his arm around me, "Meleth, you are the most precious thing i could ever have", he said softly, kissing the side of my face.
I fell asleep in his arms, where i felt safest and belonged.