Chapter Seven- Lothlórien

After Haldir had left, I walked down the steps to go see what my grandmother wanted.
I bowed before entering her presence,
"You are wounded, my dear", she said, whilst brushing her hand over my cheek.
"Show me", she demanded.
I lifted my arm a little to show where the robe had been binded to stop the bleeding.
"Let's get you cleaned up and healed, meleth nîn",
She ordered for a bath to be ready and for new gowns to be prepared for the feast today and the day ahead.
She lead me to the healing elves, "Here, my dear, get cleaned up and healed. I will see you later at dinner", she said before kissing my head,
"Wait!", she turned around,
"How did you know of my wound?" i asked, curious on how she knew, maybe she could smell the blood? or sensed the pain,
"Legolas told me", she said and walked out immediately after.
I stood there for a moment, thinking about his kindness and how much he has helped me since we left Rivendell.

The two elves before me bowed down and helped me undress, " Please show us the wound, My lady",
I smiled, "Please, Alena is fine", the two elves smiled and helped me lay down on the bed and healed my waist. They performed elven magic and made herbal remedies to put on the open skin,
"Agh", I said, not menaing to startle them.
"I am sorry, Alena. We do not mean to cause you any more pain", one of them said, the other holding a silk handkerchief to the wound to stop the blood.
"Thank you , i feel better all ready", i said whilst looking down to see my healed wound.
"It may scar, but the wound has closed your highness.",
"Thank you for your help", i said whilst getting up to show my thanks.
"Please, let us take you to bathe", They gave me a satin robe and some soap and led me to the iôl,
"Here", one of them said, the other holding out her hand to help me into the bath.
"We will be around, if you need anything please let me know", I thanked her before she left me to it.

I sunk myself deep into the water, the wound not stinging so much anymore. It felt nice to feel clean after days of dirt and stench.
I let my body relax and feel the water against my skin, letting it clean it naturally, before i heard the sounds of footsteps and leaves moving behind me.
I turned around to see Legolas.
He was taking an evening walk i presume, i know he loved the woods and did this often.
I quickly ducked down so none of my body would be on display.
"Oh! i'm so sorry, i did not see you", Legolas said closing his eyes.
I quickly covered my bare chest with my hands as i pressed my body against the cold stone.
"How is your bath?", he asked, his eyes wandering below my neck.
"It is nice, it feels good to feel clean after all we have done the last few days", i said moving a bit closer to the stone of the bath, my body pressed up against it.
"You wander here alone?" i asked looking up at him,
"Yes, i like to take walks through the forests in the evening, it reminds me of Mirkwood a little", he said sounding slightly homesick.
I smiled up at him and stared into his eyes for a few moments.
"I probably should get dressed", i said, interrupting the few moments of silence.
"Oh yeah, dinner, i forgot", Legolas said looking annoyed.
He waited there for a few moments looking unsure.
"Um, could i have a bit of privacy, please", i said quietly, trying my best not to make things awkward.
"Oh yes! Of course, sorry. I'll see you at dinner".

~

I got dressed into the garment that was laid out for me, and combed my hair and let it loose with just a braid in the centre.

I remembered Arwen's Evenstar necklace and put that on too before making my way down to eat.

I walked down the steps towards the table laid out with fish, meat, bread and all sorts of exotic foods.
Heads turned when i entered and sat down.
"You look beautiful, Alena", said my grandfather, Celeborn.
I smiled and got offered a glass of wine, i decided i would have a bit so i accepted.

The whole of dinner i could feel eyes on me and the presence of being watched.
It got late and the end of the meal, people were getting tired and so was i.

"Thank you, my lady, For such an amazing meal", said Aragorn politely whilst bowing down in front of her.

I hugged my grandmother and kissed her goodnight before walking back up the steps towards the terrace,  i used to sit there and stare out into the distance as a child, i wanted to expirience it again.
i walked slowly, examining the details of the oak and the tiles that lay under my feet.
I leaned against the gold railings looking out into the sky, it was cool, but not cold and the breeze was perfect.

I turned around after some time to see Legolas again, i slightly jumped at the sight.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you", he said chuckling a little", "Out to see the stars again?", he asked whilst coming to join me.
"For the elves of Imladris, the stars are so important. I could stare at them for hours", i said, still staring into the night sky. "I assume you feel the same with the woods, being a woodland elf", "Yes, i do", he replied staring up into the sky in the same direction as me.
"That one there is the star of Evenstar, or never ending love, it guides us to Valinor", i said pointing to the biggest and brightest one far into the distance, "My father would tell me tales about her every night, it fascinates me", i said, still dreaming.
"She is beautiful, isn't she", i asked still staring at the star. "She is", I felt his eyes on me.
I turned to look at him, he was now looking at me.
A few moments passed of silence,
" Im sorry, i didn't mean to make things awkward", he said whilst looking back out at the sky,
"You didn't", i said softly, reaching my hand for his.
"I never got to thank you", i said facing him, still holding his hands.

"Thank me for what, Alena?", "Thanks for quite a few things acctually, for saving me from the snow avalanches back in the Mountains, for catching me when i jumped the bridge in Khazad-Dûm, and for being there when i was hurt in Balin's tomb", he looked at me with a smile, " And for telling the Lady Galadriel about it and getting me aid", i heard his heartbeat quicken, and looked down at it.
"And for checking if i was okay earlier in the bath", i said, blushing slightly at the thought.
"i know you didn't just wander towards the healing quarter on a walk", i said feeling my cheeks turn red.
"I don't know what your talking about", he started, trying to cover himself for watching me bathe before dinner, "Your welcome, Alena. I will always be here",
he said looking into my eyes, both facing each other now, still holding hands.

He placed one of his hands round my waist, the other on round the back of my head.

"Legolas-", i started before he leaned in a placed his soft lips against mine. Everything stopped, i could only feel the emotions i was feeling right now, the grief of Gandalf, the fight with Arwen, everything stopped.
I felt so safe and happy in these moments.
I pulled away for a moment to catch my breath before he leaned in once more, this time placing my hands shakily on his chest.
"Alena, you make me feel alive", he said softly into my lips.
"Legolas-", i started before he brushed his fingers over my lips, like he knew the answer he would get.

The emotions i felt when i was with him made me scared, i had heard of them before, seen them with Arwen but somehow it frightened me.

We both pulled away and stared out into the distance .