Chapter Fourty two-

The next day we were summoned to meet the King to discuss some important news. I put on a deep blue green gown and headed to the King's quarters to meet him and Legolas.

I met them there and bowed my head before entering

I met them there and bowed my head before entering. "Ah, Alena!", Thranduil said with open arms. "Please take a seat", he said gesturing to a seat by Legolas. "I have decided it is time for you both become the King and Queen now", he said with a smile. My eyes widened and Legolas's lips parted. "Ada", Legolas said with shock. "My lord", i managed to let out. "I trust you both, if i believe you are ready then i know you will be great rulers", Thranduil said with a smile. "I am going to be King?", Legolas said with a shocked expression. Thranduil nodded slowly. I placed my hand on top of Legolas's hand on the table, "I think we should trust his judgement", i said softly, trying to settle Legolas although in truth i had no idea how to process this. "I believe in you both, you will look after the realm and your future-", Thranduil stopped before realising it was too soon to mention our future family. I looked down at my lap, noticing my now flat stomach that had returned. Legolas turned his head with worry to look at me before picking up my hand and holding them in his. "Legolas has already been preparing and reading scriptures of advice for many months now, he is ready", Thranduil said calmly, trying to reassure us. The documents he had been staying up late reading made sense now. "I will dismiss you both but have a discussion about it", Thranduil gestured as he poured a glass of wine. Legolas nodded before getting up and standing behind my chair and pulling it out for me. "Oh and i have arrange your coronation for two moons time", Thranduil said suddenly. Legolas exchanged a shocked expression to me before holding my arm and leading me out of the hall. "This is all happend to fast", i said quietly as we walked down the hallway towards our quarters. "It has, meleth. But we will do it together", Legolas said calmly, his melodic voice sending shivers down my spine. I nodded and held his muscular arm, leaning my head against him. He kissed my temple and continued to walk to our door.

The guards let us through to our room and locked it behind us. "My future Queen", Legolas said bowing jokingly to me as we entered our chambers. I laughed and smiled at him before curtsying back, "My Lord", i said amusingly. Legolas laughed and slowly walked towards me and held my waist, staring down at me with his ocean blue eyes. I smiled as he leaned down and kissed my lips. I closed my eyes cherishing his touch, letting our lips move in sync like it was muscle memory. He moved his hand to my face and brushed my lip with his thumb before holding the side of my face and kissing me again, slightly pulling at my gown with his other hand wrapping round my waist. "Legolas-", i whispered pulling away from his lips. "Yes, Meleth", he whispered heavily catching his breath. "Not now", i panted before diving back to his lips. I wrapped my arm round his head and deepens the kiss before pulling away, "Not now, Legolas. We have other things to worry about first", i said softly, placing my hands on his chest and smiling at him. I pecked his jawline with a kiss before letting my hands brush down his chest as i turned to walk towards the bathroom. I stopped and stood in front of the mirror and gazed at myself in the mirror. In a short matter of time, i would be Queen of one of the last Elvish kingdoms in Middle- Earth. Queen to the legendary Prince Legolas, the elf that everyone loved, the one that all the maidens would woo over, i was the one able to call him my husband. I paused for a while in thought thinking about our life since the days of the Ring. How long it had been, how i craved adventure more than anything. So much had changed- we barely saw Aragorn or Gimli, my father had moved to Lothlorien to live with Celeborn and the Lady Galadriel and Rivendell was currently occupied by Lindir and the elves of Imladris. I wanted to visit it at some point but my life was so busy with coronation business and helping Legolas learn to be King.