Chapter Thirty- New Gowns

"I trust you consummated the marriage well", Thranduil said suddenly, lifting his goblet.
I stopped drinking my drink and eyed Legolas, he had the same expression on his face.
"Ada!", Legolas said awkwardly.
Thranduil laughed before waving his hand at a servant to bring more food.
"I hope the wedding was enjoyable", Thranduil continued, picking off grapes from their stalk.
"Yes My Lord, it was wonderful", i said greatfully, smiling at him.
"Good", he said slowly.
"What do you plan on doing today?", he questioned.
"I would like to get some gowns for Alena", Legolas said with bright eyes.
"I have found the most beautifully designed gowns i have ever seen, made by one of the finest tailors in Middle Earth", he said happily.
I smiled seeing him so happy, taking a sip from my glass.
"That is very sweet, Meleth, but you have gifted me too much. I appreciate the thought though", i smiled.
"It is too late, i have sent for them already. They come late afternoon", he said whilst picking up his goblet.
"Thank you", i said feeling bad for how much he had done for me in comparison to me.
"Anything for my Princess", he smiled softly.
Thranduil rolled his eyes and shook his head playfully seeing his son act like a child.

It had been a few hours.
I was sat in the garden, laid on my side with my feet up on the bench, reading a small novel i had gotten as a wedding gift from Elladan.
It was about the family tree and history of Undomiel.
It was very interesting, so much so that i did not realise that two hours had passed by.
"My lady, Alena", a guard said as he bowed his head.
I moved my legs to sit up and closed my book.
"My Lord Legolas has sent for you to go to the Kings halls", he said slowly.
"Thank you", i said before he bowed his head once more and left.

I walked to the halls, admiring the scenery of the beauty of Mirkwood and the Woodland Realm.
Legolas was speaking to a man at the gates.
"Ah here she is!", he said whilst reaching out his hand and pulling me closer.
I smiled awkwardly and nodded my head at the tailor.
"The lady of Imladris", he said in awe.
"You must be, Alena?", he said with raised eyebrows.
I nodded and held Legolas's arm.
"I always heard of your beauty, seeing it before me is something else", he said with a smile.
I blushed slightly and thanked him for his kind words.
"Please, follow us", Legolas said leading him to a private room that had been readied for his visit.
It was bright and had tailoring tables and curtains for changing.
I looked around, shocked that Legolas had prepared this all in a matter of hours.
I eyed him from the corner of my eye and gave him a smile.

"Let's get started right away then!", Loé said whilst running the measuring tools through his fingers.
"Please undress for me, my Lady", he said.
Legolas sat in the corner on a cushioned bench, watching carefully.
I looked back at him then at Loé.
Legolas nodded keenly, seeing the fabrics Loé had prepared was beautiful.

Slowly, I slid the sleeves off of my shoulders, revealing my brace underneath.
I pushed it down to the floor and stepped in front of the garment that laid on the floor.
A female servant quickly picked it up  and folded it to the side.
I flicked the hair on my shoulders behind me, "Please turn around, my lady", Loé asked softly.
I turned slowly, my back now facing Loé, my face facing Legolas.
Legolas's lips parted, his eyes running up and down my body.
I still had undergarments on but they were cotton and slightly see through.
He ran his tounge over his teeth and smiled at me.
I grinned back before turning to face Loé for him to measure my front.

The measurements were complete.
I changed into a pale blue, silk robe and tied it at the front, my hair still sitting on my shoulders and down my back.
Loé started showing us designs of gowns he had prepared for us.
They were beautifully detailed and so intricate.
Some were covered in gemstones and beading that must have taken hours to make.
I stared in shock, they were beautiful but so elegant.
Since being in Mirkwood, i noticed there gowns were a lot more elegant and fancy.
The one back in Rivendell were elegant but slimmer fitted and a lot more open and flowy.
"We will take them all", Legolas said, wrapping his arm round my waist.
"Legolas", i said quietly.
He looked at me in confusion, "You do not have to keep getting me things. Just the one would be perfect", i said softly, trying not to upset him.
"Please, i want to treat you", he smiled with wide eyes.
"Okay", i sighed with a smile.
He wrote the payment on parchment, i glared over at it and open my mouth in shock when the tailor had his back turned.
Where did he get this money from?
"Thank you so much, Loé", i said before bowing my head down quickly and walking out with Legolas.

I held his arm as we walked down the hallway towards our room.
"Thank you my love", i said quietly, resting my head on his arm.
"Of course, Alena", he said softly, kissing my head.
We got to our room and the guards let us in, pulling their swords either side of the door in sync before opening the doors for us.

I sat on the stool by the mirror and took out the braids from my hair and combed through my hair.
Legolas changed from his tunic into his nightwear.
Now that we were married, he didn't always use a sleeping shirt, sometimes he would just wear his silk trousers.
I watched through the mirror as he closed the silk curtains and piled back the sheets to get into our massive bed.
I finished combing through my hair and got up to walk to my dresser.
I changed into my nightgown and walked over to the bed, Legolas smirked staring at me walking to the bed.
I got in and shuffled down to get comfortable.
"Loé says he can ahve the gowns ready for tomorrow, he has his team working on them as we speak", he said whilst turning a page of his book.
"Thank you", i said tiredly, yawning.
Elves did not get very tired or some didn't even sleep, but i liked to sleep.
I shuffled closer to Legolas and held his arm as he read.
He looked down and smiled.
"I love you", i said sleepily before falling asleep on his side.
"I love you too, Ollo vae", he whispered, kissing my head before pulling the sheets up and round my shoulders.