Chapter Thirty Six-

"Greetings to you both, come now sit", Thranduil said opening his hand to a chair next to him.
We walked and sat on a chair each. Servants came and pushed our chairs in before coming back with silver trays of food.
"Please eat", Thranduil said eagerly.
I picked up some grapes and placed them on my plate before picking at them.
"Ada", Legolas started.
"Hm?", Thranduil mumbled between eating.
"Could you give us some privacy please?", Legolas asked.
I was slightly surprised before Thranduil nodded and got up and left.
I was very surprised by Legolas asking the King to leave.

It was now just me and him alone.
Legolas looked disappointed as he did not touch his food.
"What is wrong, meleth?", I said softly, reaching for his hand.
He did not answer but allowed me to hold the top of his hand on the table.
"I am disappointed because you are not yet with child", he said looking down.
I let go of his hand and looked down.
I knew how much he wanted to be a father and felt guilty that i had not yet given that to him.
It had been about a year since living in Mirkwood and not much had changed.
"I'm sorry, Legolas", i said sadly.
He looked up and put his hand on my thigh.
"It's okay, mel nîn", he said softly.
"I know how much you want to be an Ada", i said sadly, feeling tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry", he said quickly, "I did not mean to-", he panicked seeing me upset.
"Please forgive me, Alena", he said with sadness.
"We will have a family of our own soon", he promised, kissing my forehead.

We finished eating and Thranduil returned.
"Thank you Ada, we will leave now", Legolas said bowing his head as we left the room.
We walked to the gardens and sat and admired the beauty around.
I held Legolas's hand as we strolled through the realm, admiring how beautiful it looked at this time.
"I love you, Meleth nîn", he said softly.
I smiled, "I love you too, Legolas".