Chapter 7- Lucky Charm

Kim Y/N's POV:

I went to Jihan's place and it wasn't very comforting. His aura had changed. He looked more mature and serious but I still wanted nothing to do with him.

"Would you like a drink?" He said and I nodded. He handed me a glass of water, or so I thought.

The liquid burned going down and I ended up coughing a bit.

"Sorry. I thought you'd be okay with vodka. So, let's chat. Why did you leave me with no warning and then ghost me?" he said and cleared my throat trying to get rid of the alcohol taste from my mouth.

"Jihan, I thought you and I agreed on the one-night stand. However, you seemed to be getting attached. That is not what I came here for. I came here to have fun and study," I replied as I put the glass down.

"Okay, let's say we agree to that. Could we go back to that now?" he asked and I scoffed.

"I'm sorry, but no. I think I clarified when I cut you off that I don't want this anymore," I said and he looked down.

"Right. Sorry again. Many girls just date me for my looks so I thought you liked me for who I was. It's fine. True friendships are hard to find after all," He said and he looked towards the hallway in his house. I sighed. Maybe I was being too harsh on him and he had only been nice to me ever since I got here.

"Listen, I'm sorry you feel that way. If it makes you feel any better, we can still be friends. I think you are a nice person but you're just not the one for me and I'm sure you'll find someone better," I said and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"You know what? That did make me feel better. I would love to maintain a  healthy friendship with you. Thanks, Y/N," he said and I smiled.

"That's what friends are for," I said. After talking about his business for a while he noticed it was getting late and he offered to drive me back home which I accepted.

The only thing that was in my head was the thought of whether or not I made the right decision by befriending this man. I brushed past my thoughts and got out of the car after thanking him.

When I walked in I was greeted by Bada. I pulled her arm and dragged her with me to the kitchen while I grabbed a tub of ice cream and she sat with me.

I started to ramble about boys and how all of my relationships failed when I was back in the U.S. and she listened attentively without saying a word. She looked at me with sad eyes and I finally came back to my senses.

"Sorry, I keep talking about me. How was dinner?" I asked and she finally smiled.

"It was great. I found out Junho and I have a lot in common. Oh! And Grandma said she was going to find a picture of my mom," she said and I smiled.

"Where is she now?" I asked and she lowered her head.

"She passed when I was about to turn thirteen. I miss her," she said and I held onto her hands

I pretended not to know but Grandma told me. She told me her family passed away eight years ago and it was really hard for her to let people in her life since then. I didn't mention anything to her because then our friendship wouldn't seem natural.

But I wanted to make her smile now. I didn't want her to be gloomy and knowing how much she has been through pained me as well.

"Hey, how about we go to the park for a few minutes before I drop you off at home?" I said and she nodded. I placed the ice cream tub back into the fridge and put my shoes back on.

I drove us to a small park near her house and I got out of the car quickly. The weather was so nice. It was a warm day but the breeze was fresh. I inhaled the air into my lungs and I grabbed Bada's hand to run.