Chapter 11- Collecting Clues

Bada's POV:

(Two days later)

I woke up again... with no reason, no purpose.

It's been two days since Y/N left and no one knows why. I didn't want to bother her because maybe she left for a reason.

I went to school and then to the studio. At least dancing for a while made me feel okay. I arrived earlier than usual to work on some new dances.

I played the music but I somehow started daydreaming, thinking I had Y/N in between my arms and we were dancing tango together again. I bumped into the mirror and I was snapped out of my trance as I kicked my bag.

I bent down to pick up the things that had fallen out of my bag and that was when I saw the yellow envelope Han had given me. I sat on the floor carefully examining it on the outside before opening it.

I pulled out a packet that had the word evidence at the very front. I quickly pulled it out and scanned the pages. There were tons of transactions made from my dad's account to Mr. Han's account.

Transactions from when my dad was alive and from his death as well. I scanned the pages again to see what the hell was going on.

My dad and Mr. Han have always been business partners and with Mr. Han being the chairman, Dad would only be classified as one of his workers but the truth is that my dad was his biggest investor.

I needed to find out more about it because it looked like Mr. Han had been taking the money that belonged to my dad that I didn't even know he had.

When I got to the last page, I saw a very recent transaction from two weeks prior and there was a footnote.

*This is your money*

I gripped my head in frustration and confusion. My dad never told me about a separate account he had with money. I didn't even know what these papers meant but I had to get to the bottom of it all.

Students started arriving and stretching so I put the envelopes back in my bag and texted Han. He said he would call me once he got out of practice. I told him I was going to visit his dad later and he told me to be careful.

Focusing during my lessons was very difficult for me. Y/N, the files, and Mr. Han kept spinning in my head.

"Unnie, are you okay?" I heard Sowoen say as I started to drift off for the second time.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just not feeling too good. I'll wrap up class early," I replied and she smiled sweetly at me.

"If you need anything, please let me know. My mom says you are welcome to dine with us any day as well," she said and went back to her position.

In this class full of rumors and tiredness, Sowoen always found a way to brighten my day.

"Okay, this is it for now. We will pick back up tomorrow and I won't teach any private lessons today. I need you all to keep practicing at home if you can. I'll see you all tomorrow," I said and everyone bowed and walked out.

"So, will you join us for dinner?" Sowoen asked.

"Sorry kid. I have some important matters to tend to so not today. Tell your mom I said thank you and I'll drop by some other day," I patted her head and she blushed slightly before walking away.

I grabbed my bag and as I was about to walk out of the studio Mr. Yoon and Mino stopped me.

"Sorry to hold you back but we've been thinking of making a competing dance team. What do you think?" Mino said.