Chapter 57: Frustration

"What exactly did you say to her?" Raven asks Holt. As soon as I'd marched inside, guards met me in the hallway of Floor 7. They demand I go with them, and of course I couldn't disagree with them. They took me to a hidden room on the floor, completely filled with screens. I saw myself on many of them. They were recording me train, seeing how well I was doing with the material. Apparently, I had broken one of the cameras during my rage. I was even more upset when I saw Ky waiting for me in the room.

"I just asked her a few questions," Holt grumbles.

I glare at him. "Hah! That's a laugh."

"Regardless," Ky murmurs. "These results are too perfect. No one can master 3 elements at one time. It's just not realistic."

"What is he doing here again?" I snap. Ky looks up at me, annoyance in his eyes.

"Ky is a very smart young man. He also knows you best. We asked him to help us analyze your results to the training. Have you come to a conclusion?" Raven asks Ky.

"Yeah. For some reason when Holt asked Bena to recreate the 'storm' she made the other day, she knew exactly what to look for when using the elements. When making the whirlpool, she focused on the molecules in the water and started to move those in a circular pattern, making the whirlpool. When making the windstorm, she focused on the breeze coming from the whirlpool, and bent it to go where she wanted. She even knew exactly how to control two elements from one hand. When using a different element, she picked up a handful of dirt and focused on how it felt in her hand. I know that once you use an element, it keeps getting easier to use a new one. However, it was like she already almost had the elements mastered. Using the elements take a lot of mental stability, which Kirbena doesn't have right know."

"What do you know?" I mutter. I feel all eyes on me, and I look at the ceiling, growing impatient.

"I can't imagine that there isn't any flaw," Ky goes on.

"So what do you suggest then?" Holt inquires, crossing his arms.

"I think we should take her back out and see if she can use the last element as equally well."

Raven looks at me. "Is that okay with you?"

"Fine," I sigh. "But I refuse to have him train me." I point at Holt.

"I can live with that." Raven looks at Holt. "You may go."

"But-"

"Now," Raven commands, his voice stern. Holt's mouth hangs open, then he turns to me.

"Do you think you can call all the shots now?" he hisses. "Sir, she almost killed me."

"Now," Raven repeats.

Holt lets out a sigh. "Yes sir," he grunts. My eyes follow him out the door, and I don't turn back around until I can't hear his footsteps anymore.

"Shall we go?" Raven asks me, his voice suddenly cheerful again.

"Sure," I smile. I follow him outside again, and I am appalled at what I see.

The ground is cracked, almost as if there had been a real earthquake. Water is sprayed everywhere, and branches lay astray. "See what you did? It seemed like your rage was taking over you. I don't know what Holt said to you, but it was obvious you wanted to rip his head off. I'm glad you snapped out of it, or else the building might have been torn down."

"This is off topic a little bit, but something just occurred to me."

"Okay?" Raven replies, telling me to continue.

"Isn't the entire military underground? If we're on Floor 7, then how exactly did we teleport to the top floor and outside?"

"I'm surprised no one asked that sooner," Raven chuckles. "The Central Building is located on the top of a cliff. The military is built underneath. The rest of Gambos isn't on the edge of the cliff. If you walked in the opposite direction of the Central Building, and there was a way out there, you could walk for miles and miles on land and not see a drop in the earth. It just so happens that Floor 7 was built right at the bottom of that cliff. Make sense?"