Chapter 84: Starting Now

"I've been thinking a lot," Raven sighs after we all form a circle around him. "About this theory of Royul. I think it's worth a shot."

"Chancellor," Demi interrupts. "If I may, I think that Royul has a very high chance of existing. Knowing the history of how Krimia and Royul came to be, it would highly unlikely that Krimia exists but Royul doesn't."

"I agree," he sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "I need at least 2 people to find it. But there's more."

It's been a week since Merida's funeral, and things were beginning to calm down. Our section of camp seems secluded from the rest, for some reason. Maybe the air is still heavy, or smells like guns. All I know is, ever since, it's been strangely quiet. And not just me, everyone.

"I think we all can agree that Holt is part of the third party. I don't know what his role is on the whole thing, but we need to find out. The other day, when you mentioned Ayumi, I couldn't help but feel she's connected to the whole thing. Which also means she has Gryphon. I need another 2 people to find them.

"Krimian yukos have taken over Gambos. Which means that our families are trapped in underground safe zones. As much as I'd like to save them all, bringing all 10,000 or how ever many people left would be a dead giveaway of our location. Family comes first. Protect the ones you love and get them out. And, I know I'll sound selfish when I say this, but protect my son. God, I need to know if he's okay. he's only 4, and all that's left of Mercy..." he trails off. "I need another 2 people for that.

"Lastly, we need a spy from inside Krimia. Turning Krimian yukos against Krimia will be too hard, and turning scared people against Krimia will result in their deaths. I don't want anymore death. I need someone to go there and join the Quad. It doesn't matter what section you're in, but make yourself fit in. It'll be hard, but it needs to be done. You don't have to be a purebred yukos to join the Quad, but you do have to be strong. I'd rather two people go together there as well, to back each other up, but one is fine.

"I didn't want to do this because I am selfish. I don't want anything to happen to you. You're my family, and I love you guys. Yet, you're the only people I can truly trust with this. But please, I beg of you, don't get yourselves killed."

I fiddle with my hands in my lap, my back leaning against Grey's knee. Again, silence weighs us down, keeping our eyes on the ground. I haven't said I word in today, and neither has Grey. The birds keep chirping, the leaves keep rustling, but our voices haven't graced the world.

"I want to find Gryphon," Demi murmurs, her eyes blazing into Raven. "Please, he's my little brother. I can't stand the thought of him being with Ayumi."

"And while we're at it," Ky adds, his frow burrowed in anger. "I can burn Holt into a pile of ash."

"So you want to go too, then?" Raven inquires, his eyes sad. "Alright."

"I'll get your son, sir," Pine says, his eyes sparkling. "I'm good with kids."

Jeremy coughs. His wound is healing quickly, but it would be a while until his pain goes away. "I was a guard, sir. I know Gambos better than anyone here; it's secrets, twists."

"No," Pine snaps. "He just got shot. He can't go."

"What else am I supposed to do? Sit here and let myself rot? Worry myself to death about you guys out there?"

Raven looks to Donte, who, like us, has been silent this whole. His caramel eyes are dull, and his hair looks like it hasn't been dealt with in days. "Give him another week to heal. The bullet didn't hit any vital organs, and we retracted it without nicking an artery. After that, he'll probably be in pain, but he can work."