nine

TW: talk of suicide attempt

Tom's heart was beating a mile a minute. He gently put his hands on the sides of Aurora's face. He looked her in the eye one last time, searching for any doubts she might be having. But, she just stared him right in the eyes, giving him a slight nod.

So, Tom closed the gap between them and kissed her. He kissed her like he'd been starving. Gentle at first, then pulling her in closer gently by the back of her neck. Her lips were so soft, and Tom thought it was the best kiss he'd ever had. He had a feeling every single kiss with Aurora would be like that. He let his other hand rest on the back of her neck, the other one against her cheek as he kissed her.

Aurora pulled back for a bit, taking a breath before pulling Tom back in by the collar of his t-shirt. And she kissed him as if he was air and she was drowning. Pulling him as close as she physically could, her hands going into his hair.

Tom felt himself start to lose control as Aurora slightly pulled on his hair again. He didn't want to rush anything, so he pulled back and rested his forehead against Aurora's, catching his breath.

"I'll regret this later" Aurora sighed, but not moving her forehead from Tom's.

"You don't need to. I promise" Tom said softly, running his finger gently against Aurora's cheek. Aurora just sighed, leaning into Tom's touch.

"You'll get tired of me. Of how my mind works, tries to ruin everything" Aurora stated sadly, pulling away from Tom. But, Tom gently pulled her back by the back of her neck, giving her a quick, soft kiss on the lips, not letting her run away.

"I definitely will never get tired of you" he said, looking her directly in the eyes again. Her eyes flickered down nervously as she bit her lip.

"I'll find some way to ruin this. I'm telling you, I'm not worth it" she mumbled, her eyes watering again.

"Aurora, I'd walk through hell just to get you to look in my direction. Please, don't run away from me" Tom said, his gaze still in her eyes. Aurora's eyes shot up, staring at Tom's.

"Please just... Let me be here" Tom begged, pulling Aurora gently in for another kiss. She kissed him back, and all he could feel was happiness and lust.

"I'm scared, Tom" she said as they pulled away from each other, now sitting across from each other on the bed on their knees, foreheads still almost touching.

"It's okay to be scared. I'll protect you" Tom said, almost begging her to just give him a chance.

"O-okay" Aurora finally stuttered, visibly fighting against herself. Tom smiled before gently pulling in Aurora for a hug.

Once they broke out of the hug, Aurora picked up her phone. Rachel had texted a few times, asking how she was doing and worried when she wasn't responding.

"Everything good?" Tom smiled, plopping down next to Aurora and putting his arm around her, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, Rachel's just worried, that's all" she mumbled, typing an 'i'm okay' as a response.

"Yeah I uh... I noticed she mentioned she didn't want this to be like last time" Tom said, still wanting to know what happened last time. Aurora didn't want to tell him. But how could she hide anything from him when he had wrapped himself around her and was playing with her hair so soothingly. Aurora laid down and Tom laid his head on her chest.

"I don't want to tell you. I think you'd run away" Aurora sighed.

"Nothing you could tell me would make me run away" Tom softly said, soothingly taking Aurora's hand into his, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

Aurora lifted her right arm, the one Tom wasn't holding and showed her a tattoo on her finger. A semi-colon.

"Do you know what it means?" Aurora asked nervously.

Tom felt his heart drop as he nodded slowly, lifting his head to look at Aurora.

"Last time it got this bad, I tried to kill myself" Aurora said, forcing the words out and avoiding Tom's gaze, playing with a loose string on the sleeve of her hoodie.

"I'm so sorry" Tom said, his eyes watering.

"It's okay if you want to go. I'd get it" Aurora said, quickly wiping the tears rolling down her face, holding back a sob.

"Never" Tom said, kissing Aurora's cheek. "I'm here now, you're not alone" he softly said, leaning down to kiss Aurora again. The kiss was soft, comforting and quick. But, as Tom tried to pull back, Aurora pulled him in for more.