thirty

The next morning, Tom and Aurora woke up at 6 am to leave for the airport. They had packed everything the night before, and visited the drug store to make sure Aurora had enough insulin for the trip. Tom had made them coffee to go and they were currently sitting in a cab, on their way to the airport.

"I'm so excited!" Aurora exclaimed as they pulled up to the airport. Tom was grinning at Aurora's giddiness. He loved seeing her excited. They walked inside the airport with their luggage and greeted Josh and Rachel, walking with them to check in their baggage. After doing so and getting through airport security, they sat down at their gate.

"So Lily's at your mom's house?" Aurora asked Rachel, wanting to make sure her dog was taken care of while she was away.

"Yeah, my mom adores her. Don't worry" Rachel smiled.

The girls talked about their plans for the trip excitedly until it was time to board the plane. Tom had booked them tickets in first class, making Aurora frown slightly as she sat down next to Tom. This must have cost him a fortune.

"You didn't have to do all this" Aurora said quietly, guilt lacing her words.

"I know. I wanted to" Tom smiled, taking Aurora's hand into his. The flight was 20 hours, with one layover. Once they finally landed in Bali, they were all exhausted and made their way straight to the hotel. Tom and Aurora checked in and waited for Rachel and Josh before making their way to their rooms, which were next to each other.

"I've never been to Bali before" Aurora smiled as they entered their room, her eyes widening at the fancy king-sized bed.

"You'll love it" Tom smiled, immediately pulling Aurora to his chest, kissing her deeply. Aurora had whined about Tom doing it at the airport, then in the plane, then in the restaurant they ate at during their layover, so he had promised to wait until they were alone to kiss her again.

Tom and Aurora went to bed, Tom's arms wrapped around Aurora's waist tightly as they fell fast asleep after the long trip they'd had.

The next morning, Aurora woke up to Tom shaking her lightly.

"Let's go have breakfast with Rach and Josh" he smiled. Aurora groaned before going into the bathroom. She quickly did her skincare and brushed her teeth, injected her insulin and put her hair in braids. She decided to wear one of her maxi dresses. She was too insecure about her thighs to wear anything short, except to clubs where it was dark and no one could see her anyway.

"Hi, gorgeous" Tom smiled at Aurora as she walked out of the bathroom, taking Tom's hand as they walked into the hotel's restaurant area.

Aurora just drank coffee as the rest of the group ate their buffet style breakfast. Aurora, however, did pick up on a weird vibe going on between Josh, Rachel and Tom. She didn't want to pry, so she didn't say anything. They talked about going to the beach that day, and they all agreed. However, none of them joked around like usual. Maybe they'd had a fight, Aurora wondered.

The group made their way to the beach afterwards. They put down their towels on the sand and Rachel and Josh immediately ran into the water to fight off the scorching weather.

"You don't want to swim?" Tom asked as he pulled his shirt off, now only in his swimming shorts.

"Not really" Aurora said and tried to smile. She didn't want Tom questioning why. Tom just gave Aurora a kiss before getting out his phone. Aurora decided to read the book she had brought with her.

After a few hours of them just laying around in silence, and listening to Josh and Rachel play-fight the entire time after they'd finished swimming, they decided to go out for drinks.